Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, Not sure where to begin….

If you look at some of my previous posts I have been experiencing strange power loss problems, especially when the weather is wet or damp.

Such as acceleration judder
    Sluggish behaviour
    Idle Judder
    Power slow down/loss after 3000 rpm
    Stalling and cut out on idle and acceleration

Your all probably thinking “MAF sensor” and u would probably be correct, however as my MAF sensor is only 5 weeks old and I still have power issues, I have eliminated that.

However, I read this on TDI club. If you can be bothered reading this it basically says that the wired connector that connects to the MAF senor can corrode and cause signal problems to the ecu.
    http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=77582&highlight=MAF+sensor+failed
    petrol owners keep reading please.

I purchased these items first.

Dielectric silicone compound. – NOT GLUE & DOES NOT BOND
    http://cpc.farnell.com/ME18609/electrochemicals-adhesives-service-aids/product.us0?sku=DOW-CORNING-2793695&_requestid=298112

Switch cleaner
    http://cpc.farnell.com/SA01731/electrochemicals-adhesives-service-aids/product.us0?sku=ELECTROLUBE-SWC200D

Unplugged the MAF senor connector, sprayed the switch cleaner inside the connector, unplug and re plug several times so any crud or oxidation on the connector is removed. Get the dialectric silicone compound and finger it into the female connector “no pun intended” re connect and unplug so the compound in distributed around the connector, add more if required.

Take your car for a drive !

I now have near instant startup , No Idle judder, No power loss after 3000rpm, it goes like a rocket now, Super smooth. Cant believe the difference.

All owners should try this. IMO

Happy, All I need now is some rain.

Ohh and by the way , 1 tube of dow corning 4 will do about 50 cars !!

0 0 0

2. Re: Power loss problem SOLVED !!! A must read 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That was worth reading if not just for the giggle that 'finger it into the female connector' gave me! oh god, i AM mature!
    AUDI A4 1.8T QUATTRO SPORTS : 2001 B6

0 0 0

3. Re: Power loss problem SOLVED !!! A must read 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jonbaker - I like that one too

Nutter - I feeling a flat spot and bought some isopropanol cleaner for the MAF. I cleaned it but still it's there. The connector looked ok but had some black marks on the connection. Do you think the cleaner helped or the silicone? I guess I can only try with the silicone spray now. It looked clean though inside!!
    A4 1.9TDI 160bhp Sport - 2001 (51)
    Re-map by more-bhp.
    TT 3.2 V6 DSG quattro 270BHP - 2003 (53)

0 0 0