1. Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like it's just us, with nearly 450 viewings and no answers this must be a new one on here. I'm going to start pulling out and cleaning or replacing sensors and see what happens.
    I'll post up here if I get anywhere.

0 0 0

2. Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah it seems like a normal problem but if we just knew what the solution was we could enjoy driving again without trying to keep the engine running everytime you change gear

I am trying to sell my car at the moment but not due to its fault but because i hardly use it and don't need the additional running costs. I'm going to struggle selling it if it has this problem.

Would really appreciate it if you find the solution

Cheers!

0 0 0

3. Red face Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    fingers crossed i have solved my problem...!!!!!!

changed relay 30 e.c.m and it didnt make a difference...#
    was ready to get new dizzy... i have 104k on the clock now i brought the car 2 yrs it only had 62k on the clock..

mines a N reg (96 registered) ady engine.. 2.0GL.. auto box...

after checking the E.S.S (engine speed sensor) discovered the wires had perished..
    the outer casing was gone in places exsposing the 3 wires inside, which were also without their casings and bare wires were touching..

replacing was a pain though, as the fixing hex bolt is located behind the engine mount, as you look at it its just to the right of the oil filter.
    and i suppose the heat of the engine hasf#cked the cable..

anyway changed the cable and all is fine again.. (it did cut out on start up for aa sec. after about 4hrs of driving around but that was a while a go and has'nt done it since) just a glitch i think.!

seems a stupid place to run a cable..

anyway hope this helps will try and get photo's uploaded but dont bet on it .....lol

0 0 0

4. Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Typical! Just sold my car now.
    Would've liked to have had that fixed before selling it (and got more cash for my car) but hey %$^& happens!

Thanks for the reply and good luck with it.

I'm signing off for good.

Cheers!

0 0 0

5. Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    still all good......

working fine no problems

0 0 0

6. Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The ess is in deed a swine to get to, just done it and no joy.
    I'll change the ECU relay tomorrow and hope that sorts it.
    It's good to hear some people have fixed it, it's ******* me off in quite a big way

0 0 0

7. Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the same problem with my 1997 VW Vento GL 1.6. It shuts down all of a sudden and doesn't start up again unless I let it cool down for five minutes or so.. I looked in the relay box and I didn't see any relay marked 109.. I cant find any schematics online so I don't know wich one to change.. anyone got some ideas here?

0 0 0

8. Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok I finally got mine sorted, I flushed out a lot of gunge from the throttle mechanism and reseated a loose relay ( 30, ecu relay ) and disconected the battery to reset the ecu (duh, turn it off and back on again works for all other electrical things). Now all running smoothly and not stalling, choking or bogging down, producing no smoke and burning less fuel.
    Thanks for the tips, signing off for now

0 0 0

9. Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok mine has the same problems as described.. its an early one (94), so i think i can rule out the coded key and ecu problems, but would it have a crank speed sensor as its only a 1.6 single point injection. anyone know the answer? this vento cant die

0 0 0

10. Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gruffly View Post
    Ok I finally got mine sorted, I flushed out a lot of gunge from the throttle mechanism and reseated a loose relay ( 30, ecu relay ) and disconected the battery to reset the ecu (duh, turn it off and back on again works for all other electrical things). Now all running smoothly and not stalling, choking or bogging down, producing no smoke and burning less fuel.
    Thanks for the tips, signing off for now
    Looks like you've done what has cost me £40! Finally had enough of it stalling on me so had an auto tune guy come out. He ended up cleaning out the throttle motor and then said he'd reset the throttle motor with his VAG info.
    Just wish I'd checked this because if all I needed to do was disconnect the battery I'd be £40 better off!
    Oh well, am glad it's all sorted now at least.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast