Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes that's right, but even the average of averages is approx 40mpg, i was hoping for a bit more.

On short journeys its between 38-48, but to get 48 you really have to feather the throttle.

Heard some good reports about Millers Power Plus 4 and was wondering if it would make much difference really.

All in all happy with the MPG and its much better than the company Honda Accord icdti Sh*te that i had before (410 miles on £50!!!).
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We have had Passat a few weeks now.
    Last 2 tanks gave 54.9MPG and 53.2MPG so I'm well happy with it.
    Those values were calculated rather from the trip computer. 95% dual carriage way driving so thats helped a lot. Ours is the older 110bhp Tdi so less power but more economy.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    had a B6 TDI 77Kw passat as a loaner recently, was getting high 30's round town.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When I drive normally to work along the Devon country roads, I get high 30's, sometimes low 40's. If I stay late and the traffic is light, I can get low 50's on the same route. Most I've ever got on the motorway is 53.2 between Exeter and Cardiff. Least was low 40's. Cruising at 70MPH (from GPS), the instant reading hovers between 55 and 62 MPG.
    The traffic plays the biggest part IMO. If you can't keep a constant speed, your economy suffers.
    Passat Sport Estate 2001 1.9 TDI PD
    100k miles
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Huweth View Post
    The traffic plays the biggest part IMO. If you can't keep a constant speed, your economy suffers.
    yes, i've noticed that too.
    0 0 0

6. About 60ish 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The last few nights ive been driving home from work (40ish miles) i have managed to get the fuel guage average saying 72-73 to the gallon. Obviously this doesnt work out at this level. But my father (previous owner) calculated it once to work out to about 10mpg off that. Seriously its so wrong how excited i got about pushing it over 60.

Drive a 1998 110 TDI. Such solid build quality.
    0 0 0

7. mpg 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have 2001 tdi sport ,and get 45 mpg in town ,50 ish on a run ,but have seen a mad 65 coming back from wales at a steady 60 mph! they run on a oily rag mate !
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    22 mpg in town ,50-55 on motorway not happy 340 on tank of fuel not good for a desil
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Me too. it has got a bit worse since my last post. 25mpg in town , 31 on a long run , maybe 34 on the motorway . It starts fine, runs fine, no smoke, smooth and quiet. It is an automatic, but shouldn't be this bad. There are no fault codes and the timing is within specs. I may try new injector nozzles if these are replaceable on the 2.5 TDi, all I have founds so far is the whole injectors at Eurocarparts for over £1000
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well vw dealer has replaced MAF and also water pump not gatting car back till wednesday so will see how it is all though MAF mite help MPG but cant see water pump helping
    0 0 0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast