Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iben View Post
    I have a 2002 130 TDI Sports Estate, I get on average approx 40mpg. I have a load up all the time although as I work as a seurity engineer and I have a lot of kit in the car, tools, fold up ladders etc and I tend to have a relatively heavy right foot. I got 52mpg once but the M11 was busy and average speed was about 55 - 60 mph, (stuck behind lorries etc that were overtaking and using both lanes, I hate the M11).
    Someone I know has a new Renault diesel and he's getting 55+ mpg, personnally I'd rather suffer the extra fuel consumption rather than the ...........
    Merry Christmas to everyone
    Hi, as i said in the previous post, vw PD engines are not the most ecconomical engines vw built. I regard them as a compromise between performance and ecconomy. If its sheer ecconomy you after, then the 90 HP vw passat 1.9 TDI, with rottary VE pump will average 55-60 MPG and has a well screwed toghether interior thats built to last. Remember that you drive torque and not horsepower.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    besides the B5 130, i also own a B4 passat tdi 90 estate. that does a reliable 52mpg everywhere during summer months, 48 in winter.

it's a smaller, lighter car, but i feel any difference in economy is tricky to access as the speedos are so different. the B5 is virtually spot on against a gps, whereas the B4 is miles fast (82mph indicated = 69 last time i checked).

if the odometers are similarly out, then mpg comparisons are pretty sketchy.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my 97 passat se 110bhp does around 90/100 miles on £10 of diesel depending on how i drive it acording to the trip computer i average around 40mpg but it has done 250k so cant grumble about that. i have seen 60 plus on long motorway trips if kept around 75mph.

i used to have a 98 model 90bhp model before and i found that was better on diesel but had far less torque so you have to change gear more often.

and before that the older shape passat that was gutless but astonishingly
    good on diesel
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I wnet out the other week in our VW Passat 130 TDI 2003 pool car.. i manged to get 595 miles off a full tank before the petrol light came on... however that was a 570 miles round trip... with 25 miles urban when i got back!

Cheers

RickT
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    94 B4 passat tdi90 estate. 902 miles on a tank, ran out on filling station forecourt
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    94 B4 passat tdi90 estate. 902 miles on a tank, ran out on filling station forecourt

902 miles on a tank???

RickT
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    wow... they were good on mpg not sure about 900 miles to a tank through unless it was just the one i had....?
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    big tank. takes about £70 of diesel when empty.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, recently purchased a 2003 130 TDI Sport Estate with 100K on the clock. I seem to be averaging around 40mpg ( trip computer no 2 )with some mixed urban and motorway driving.

Short runs seem to get between 38 - 44 depending on how heavy my right foot is.

But i have seemed to notice that there is a fine line with the accelerator to good fuel consumption to bad fuel consumption, i.e i can depress the pedal and it uses more fuel but dosent seem to go much faster, is this normal?????.

I suppose i will be getting high 500 miles ( 570 / 580 ) from £50 worth of diesel, so i suppose thats not to shabby.

Would some fuel injector cleaner, like Millers make any difference.

Thanks in advance
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rallye View Post
    Hi, recently purchased a 2003 130 TDI Sport Estate with 100K on the clock. I seem to be averaging around 40mpg ( trip computer no 2 )with some mixed urban and motorway driving.

Short runs seem to get between 38 - 44 depending on how heavy my right foot is.

But i have seemed to notice that there is a fine line with the accelerator to good fuel consumption to bad fuel consumption, i.e i can depress the pedal and it uses more fuel but dosent seem to go much faster, is this normal?????.

I suppose i will be getting high 500 miles ( 570 / 580 ) from £50 worth of diesel, so i suppose thats not to shabby.

Would some fuel injector cleaner, like Millers make any difference.

Thanks in advance
    You looking at the trip computer? If so don't take too much notice of the "instant MPG" setting.
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though
    0 0 0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast