Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisemmerson View Post
    mmm. yeah but

a) I have no intention of opening it while moving, in fact I don't even see the point.

and

b) quite the contrary to your assumptions of being a poser I'd actually feel less of a knob if the car did its thing while i wasn't in it, with everyone watching.

...see always another way of looking at it
    i
    0 0 0

2. Re: ROOF OPENING WHILST MOVING 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you read the full description the smart top does far more and the company have been doing mods for mercs porsche audi and more.
    you can set it up so that the car still has to be parked to lower and raise the roof, it can also alter the way the switches work and even has a function so that the nearside mirror angles toward the kerb for parking, handy considering some wheels can cost up to £500.perhaps some forums in the usa could be contacted to see if anyone has actually fitted one on eos, i will have a look when i have more time
    0 0 0

3. Re: ROOF OPENING WHILST MOVING 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisemmerson View Post
    b) quite the contrary to your assumptions of being a poser I'd actually feel less of a knob if the car did its thing while i wasn't in it, with everyone watching.
    If one feels like a knob/poser when sitting in the car while the roof is opening, doesn't one feel like a knob/poser when driving the car with the roof open...?

Quote Originally Posted by stewseos View Post
    ...and even has a function so that the nearside mirror angles toward the kerb for parking, handy considering some wheels can cost up to £500.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but older models of convertables were considered luxury cars. As such, as far as I'm aware, most come with electrc windows and mirrors. Cars nowadays all have electrical mirrors so why spend the extra money on a mod for something that your car already does...?

Since you can set-up the mod to open/close the roof even if your car is stationary, the only use I can see for this toy is for someone having a manual roof.
    2003 B5 Passat 1.9 TDI sport 130 (aka "Stealth Bomber")
    0 0 0

4. Re: ROOF OPENING WHILST MOVING 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertfish View Post
    If one feels like a knob/poser when sitting in the car while the roof is opening, doesn't one feel like a knob/poser when driving the car with the roof open...?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but older models of convertables were considered luxury cars. As such, as far as I'm aware, most come with electrc windows and mirrors. Cars nowadays all have electrical mirrors so why spend the extra money on a mod for something that your car already does...?

Since you can set-up the mod to open/close the roof even if your car is stationary, the only use I can see for this toy is for someone having a manual roof.
    Desertfish,

Was your post actually trying to be of assistance to anyone or are you just that sad that you need to try and come up with attemptedly smart **** comments to threads that haven't been active for months.

Mods can you please close this thread so we don't keep getting pointless email notifications for responses like this.
    1 0 0

5. Re: ROOF OPENING WHILST MOVING 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    pointless comments

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉
    0 0 0