Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everyone,

I'm a great believer in 'if it works, don't mess about with it'. For this reason, I've never updated the firmware on my iPod as it works fine with my aging Dension Icelink in my B6 A4.

I'm getting AMI in my new B8 A4. Are you folks out there all updated to the latest versions of your iPods via iTunes and have it working? If so, I may change my thinking and get with the kids....

Thanks

Gary

0 0 0

2. Re: iPod firmware level 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_W View Post
    ... Are you folks out there all updated to the latest versions of your iPods via iTunes and have it working? If so, I may change my thinking and get with the kids........

Thanks

Gary
    Latest works fine with my MMI - I didn't have any choice as that was the firmware (iPod/iPhone) came with.

Regards

Mike
    Previous: 1984 80 1.8 Sport, 1989 90 2.2. / 2009 A4 3.0TDi S Line Tiptronic.
    2016 A4 2.0 (252) TFSI S-Line Quat. S-Tronic

0 0 0

3. Re: iPod firmware level 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My iPod Classic (which lives in the car) and my Nano (which I used until I got the classic) are both 100% up to date and both work seemlessly
    MY2010 A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI quattro S-line Exec - Aruba Blue, 19" alloys, Full Leather, B & O, 3G Tech Pack, Adaptive Lights, Dynamic Susp, Folding Mirrors, Power tailgate, Storage/Light Packs, Parking Plus, Heated Seats, Rear Blinds, Load Rails, Privacy Glass, Rear Airbags, TPMS, Load Liner

Gone : 09 A4 Avant, B6 S4, TT, Golf GTi...and the rest are embarassing!

0 0 0

4. Re: iPod firmware level 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Both my 3-4 year old ipod Classic and my iPhone work perfectly with the MMI

0 0 0

5. Re: iPod firmware level 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you all very much - I'll get up to date once the new car comes so that iTunes can stop its nag screen.

The reason I never really have is that I had one of the 2nd gen 30 gig iPod classics a few years ago. It worked perfectly with the IceLink in the car.

Unfortunately, I had it stolen whilst I was away on business I bought one of the latest 'classic' models with 160 gig of storage to replace it, so every cloud has a silver lining - I've been re-ripping all my favourites at 320K and it's still not half full

Whilst the new one worked out of the box, it's a lot more clunky with the Dension and the playlist browser doesn't actually work through the Audi like it used to with the older generation iPod.... what I have to do is to set a playlist running and then stuff it into the bracket. At that point, I can skip forwards and backwards. I've never dared update it, as the more modern iPod vs the older one I had clearly went backwards in functionality. I didn't want to risk the update and break it all together.

After having that in the car, you can see why I'm really looking forward to the nice colour display, AMI and B+O. If only the poor car wasn't sat in Belgium waiting to get on a boat I might be able to hear how good it sounds! Hopefully only another few days... Hope it's not eating all the chocolates over there else the fuel economy may get hit

Gary

0 0 0

6. Re: iPod firmware level 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In my A3 I had the Audi ipod setup with my RNS- E with the 6 playlists limit. I used to do the same as you. Start playing an album / playlist and then plug it in. The new system is a world apart, and my 160Gb ipod classic works perfectly. Also the sound with the B&O is 10 times better than the crappy Bose in the A3. You'll love it!

0 0 0

7. Re: iPod firmware level 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddo1968 View Post
    In my A3 I had the Audi ipod setup with my RNS- E with the 6 playlists limit. I used to do the same as you. Start playing an album / playlist and then plug it in. The new system is a world apart, and my 160Gb ipod classic works perfectly. Also the sound with the B&O is 10 times better than the crappy Bose in the A3. You'll love it!
    I'm sure I will

I stayed with the standard system in my B6 A4, and it's actually pretty good IMO... I'm a fairly fussy sort when it comes to music in the car and I've thought that, for a stock car system, it's really done me proud.

I could have 'upgraded' to the Bose when I got this, but I've always been of the opinion that Bose are an absolute triumph of marketing over substance. I have yet to hear anything that Bose has done which has not sounded complete pants. Bull**** Over Sonic Excellence. Could it be an acronym?

0 0 0

8. Re: iPod firmware level 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A bit off topic but i'm a fan of Bose products. Bought a set of in ear headphones with the microphone and was really impressed with sound quality. Only thing I didn't understand is why they never included volume control like the original iPhone headphones...

0 0 0

9. Re: iPod firmware level 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    use the search function as i covered how to up date ami hw versions via usb

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ght=ami+update

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...ad.php?t=48297