1. Re: Egr Valve - Low Flow, 1.4 Petrol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can an EGR valve be adapted using VAG-COM ?

0 0 0

2. Re: Egr Valve - Low Flow, 1.4 Petrol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Yes, if it is a registered version.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Egr Valve - Low Flow, 1.4 Petrol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you ever get this fixed?
    I have the same problem with a 2001 1.4 petrol engine code axp.
    I have the codes p104 egr flow, p0401 egr insufficient detected, now after stripping egr valve and copper pipe and throttle body housing, which had never seen any carb cleaner.
    all of it is lovely and clean, I soaked copper pipe with carb cleaner, and blew out using high pressure jet wash.
    I now have these error codes, p1442 - egr valve position sensor, signal too high and p1400 egr valve circuit electrical malfunction.
    the car ticks over and runs great apart from between 1800 and 2400 revs in 2nd, 3rd and 4th & 5th. it kinda jolts back and forward a little, like it hasent got right mixture (fuel & air)
    bit over 2400, it goes like a rocket.

0 0 0

4. Re: Egr Valve - Low Flow, 1.4 Petrol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    If yours has the electric EGR, you need a new valve which MUST be adapted and tested using a diagnostic system in Basic Settings 074 and then 075.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Egr Valve - Low Flow, 1.4 Petrol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    when you say electric egr, i have the part number which is 036 131503 M - its a pierburg.
    if that helps or not, £95 for a new one ! gulp !
    a lot if its working ok, but I gota spend £40 for the egr to be tested this friday.
    I have wrote that down, about adapting it, with basic settings 074 and 075, which i will explain to the garage. Its a indie vw/audi small garage, the geeza is around 40 years old and has 20 years experiance with vw's. so fingers crossed :-)
    Thanks Crasher.
    I have been reading up on this error and I have not found a true answer yet, it kinda points to lots of different parts being cleaned or renewed. which is a bummer!

0 0 0

6. Re: Egr Valve - Low Flow, 1.4 Petrol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Yes that is an electric EGR, they are very unreliable. I did one on a Leon the other day and it was the fourth in two years.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Egr Valve - Low Flow, 1.4 Petrol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    is there no other way than to bite bullet ands buy a new one ?
    4 in two years ! Holy smoke, thats £400.
    forgot to ask.
    is the egr valve position sensor inside the egr valve or is it seperate?
    this P1422 signal too high.
    and p1400 egr valve circuit - N18 - electrical malfunction is that inside too or would that be the conectors on the outside.
    seriously !

0 0 0

8. Re: Egr Valve - Low Flow, 1.4 Petrol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    They were all replaced by the company who supplied them under warranty. I fitted the latest one and set it up so hopefully that will be the end of it.

The valve is an all in one unit.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Egr Valve - Low Flow, 1.4 Petrol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Tiredeyes69,

I did get the problem fixed but my issue was probably not the same as yours, unfortunately. I had renewed the EGR valve and pipe myself but aked the main dealer to check it all out as I was convinced that the throttle body was blocked. They said it was ok and that the ECU was at fault. One new ECU and £600 later, the problem was still present and the dealer was talking about charging me for a new engine harness. In the end I found a blockage in the throttle body and asked for a refund for their mis-diagnosis and failure to check the item I had asked and paid them to. Sadly, this was to no avail and the moral of the story must be that the main dealers only seem to understand young, low mileage cars and (because of prohobitive labour rates) they have little experience of the older well used models.

The 1.4 engines do seem to suffer from premature engine wear and it is worth checking if oil is getting from the PCV pipe and into the throttle body via the air filter which I think is what causes the blockage.

Good luck in a search for the answer to your particular fault.

0 0 0

10. Re: Egr Valve - Low Flow, 1.4 Petrol 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whats the pcv pipe ?

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast