1. Question Polo heater problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if anyone could help with a problem to the heater on my 2003 (52) Polo 1.2S.

Basically it stays on at full heat in the off position & even when the ac is activated, ok its great when its cold but its like a sauna at the moment with this warm winter that we are experiencing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So tempted to say open a window. Sorry not very helpful.
    We have a van at work and the rotary heater knob is split where it connects so it rotates around but not actually turning the shaft. If you can pull the rotary knob off have a look at the back of it.
    Hope this helps
    Regards Boardboy.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a problem with the Climatic in my car where the temperature dial just didn't seem to work and the car blew out roasting hot air when set to cold. I took it back to the dealer as it was covered by the warranty and they said the problem was with the flat motors (?). Hope this may be of some use to you :-)

0 0 0

4. Polo Heater Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2003 1.4 Sport on a 52 plate and I have exactly the same problem, driving along when the heater just suddenly goes onto Max heat. Pressing the Aircon has no affect, the only way I have found of stopping it is to stop the car turn off the ignition for a few mins and then try again. My car is now out of warranty however I had it into the VW dealer 3 times for this fault and everytime they said there was nothing wrong with it Looks like it maybe a fault, anyone know if there are any Technical notices on this or recalls?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I too have the same problem (2003 1.4 16v sport Polo).
    I started a thread here: https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...7872#post17872

and RAMA and eshrules suggested that the heater valve may be blocked.

Of course, no idea where that may be located.

I would loved to know if others are experiencing a similar problem what what they did about it.

0 0 0

6. Re: Polo heater problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got exactly the same problem on my 2003 1.2 Polo! Its going into the dealers for a third time and another £47 to have them look at it and find nothing. Will post their findings on Saturday.

0 0 0

7. Re: Polo heater problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Si-W, I just posted this

I too have this problem. This is a common problem with Polo's

see https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum//...ead.php?t=3343

I have posted here and other forums before but no one is expert enough to be able to conclusively say what a simple fix is.

The fix seems to be quite complex.
    Basically, there are tow motorised flaps in the heater control. One that controls the temperature and one that controls the fresh air intake. Both these motors are pretty unreliable and tend to get jammed intermitenly. I have checked this on my car with VAG-COM diagnostics cable connected to my laptop and get the following fault codes:

01271 - Positioning Motor for Temperature Flap (V68)
    30-10 - Open or Short to B+ - Intermittent
    01596 - Motor for Outside/Recirculated Air Flap (V154)
    30-00 - Open or Short to B+

The fix is to replace these motors (V68 and V154). They are not cheap but the real problem is getting to them. To do it properly, the whole dashboad has to be removed to get to the heater mechanism. Which requires removing the steering wheel (which requires removing the battery lead which disables the airbags).

VW *********** quoted me £390 + vat for parts and labour !!

I have learned to live with the problem by trying one of these workarounds:

1. turn temp dial to coldest and close the central airvents for 1 minute or two while the vent dial is set to DEMIST. Then open the central vent fans -- that then lowers teh temp to the coldest.
    or
    2. turnthe fan speed to ZERO for a minute or two and then to 1. That will then reset the temp to the coldest.

Try that to see if it works for you.
    If you have taken it to the *********** 3 times and each time they have not found a fault -- then they are truly ripping you off and I would be
    They have clever diagnostic kits. The first thing they do (or should do) after you have sent your car in is to scan for fault codes logged by the various electronics modules jotted around in the car. That's what you are paying the £47 for (partly) and partly for the "expert" knowledge of what to do about it.

When you took it in the last 3 times with the same problem, had they done a scan, they they would have seen fault codes similar to the ones I got above. They know it's quite complex to fix and probably could not be bothered with it (even if it meant a lot of money for them or thought it was too costly for you).

Tell them you know that this is a common problem with VW's and that you know of the two motors and want to see the diag reports to confirm. Then you can decide if you want to spend the money fixing it.

0 0 0

8. Re: Polo heater problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulkokid View Post
    I wonder if anyone could help with a problem to the heater on my 2003 (52) Polo 1.2S.

Basically it stays on at full heat in the off position & even when the ac is activated, ok its great when its cold but its like a sauna at the moment with this warm winter that we are experiencing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I can sympathise m8 !! My problem is the exact opposite - freezing cold air on any setting. No fun delivering the Xmas mail after an icy drive to work The mnissus & kid don't appreciate it either !!

Still trying to find an impellor as the eater pump seems otherwise fine

0 0 0