Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

Since my last post, I contacted my dealer and they wanted me to book it in for them to have a look.

The car was booked in on Tuesday (16th Jan) no promises were made at the time, only that they would contact Audi if it was the Dashpod.

A phone call from them later suggested it was the Dashpod and the good news was not only Audi were prepared to stump up the whole cost of replacement but they had one in stock. I was asked to provide them with the complete set of keys (for reprogramming), a passport and the V5 form for varification.

This was promptly done and we picked up the TT on Wednesday 17th Jan all done. Washed and valetted as well.

That's what I call service. The dealer deserves a mention - Chelmsford Audi and the contact was Chris.

Best of luck to the rest of you TT owners that have similar problems.

Regards,

Dave

PS Chris did say that Audi were changing dashpods if they suffered battery drain or problems with the fuel guage. Other problems would be dealt with in an adhoc way.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    davemmgd...
    umesh here just read your thread(now i am getting used to using this forum),what was the final outcome of your tt ptoblem with the dealers as i have done exactly what you said(on the car that is) and with a new battery last year the battery light still comes on when it is really cold(-2celius and below),when i have done numerous short journey's day;but when it is before/week if i start the car up without using my heavy current consumers(rear windscreen heater,main fan blower or electric seat heating)although battery light comes on the dash does not go dim and revs/speedo do not go dead??

0 0 0

3. Smile TT Dashpod problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    umesh,

Please read my previous post. My local Audi dealer fixed the problem by changing the Dashpod free of charge.

A subsequent problem did occur though and it seemed as though the Dashpod they replaced was also faulty. The battery was still going flat. After leaving the car with them for four days to make sure that they fixed the battery draining problem, they tested everything and found that under load the battery showed a weak cell. The battery was replaced and all is now well.

Best of luck with your fault finding, but give the dealer or a trained vehicle electrician a try.

Dave

0 0 0

4. dash prob audi dealer not helpful? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shazzies View Post
    Thanks 2pipe, will contact dealer asap, ive just rang audi hotline number and have been told if the problem is dashpod, audi will sort it out free of charge, thanks again x x x
    could i have the audi hotline nuber please

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there, the hotline number is 0800 699888, good luck, my dash is playing up again with this dashpod problem, because my audi is an import even though it is built with british specifications i have got to pay for this to be fixed about 800 pounds, i dont know what else i can do,

0 0 0

6. audi dash problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello ,thanks for the number but mine is an import as well but there is a way of reducing the risk of it occuring..when you start the car(mainly on cold days) do not use rear windscreen heater or electric heating on seats hence by reducing the load on your battery the problem will not happen that often.Is is worth giving watchdog a ring i wonder.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12