1. CLUTCH BITING POINT TOO HIGH 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi im new to this forum and was wondering if any of you guys out there can help me with the problem ive got.

ive just bought an audi a4 2.0 petrol, its got 134k on the clock. the problem i have is that the clutch biting point is too high up. i took it to a clutch centre who said that its normal for audi's.

im not sure and it just doesnt feel right. anyone know and garages / prices for a new clutch. its not slipping and the gears engage fine.

let me know, if you know any garages around east london area

cheers!

The year of car is 2001. y reg

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks guys

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My 2.0 Passat is the same. Just got used to it.
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Shabs,

I've just bought a 2001 (Y) A4 2.0L Sport with 72k and my clutch pedal is the same. It makes for jurkey gear changes having the bitting point right at the top!

I also find my engine noise is quite loud, you?

Love the colour coded bumper and side kit on yours, is it just extended strips for the doors, or is the kit the whole running length of the side?

Sorry - like you very new to all this!

Love the car though, and supprisly quick! I was expecting a very sluggish drive coming from my GTi Turbo!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just checked out the pic of your car from the front.... Like it! Is the bottom front bumper section just colour coded - or is it a new part?

0 0 0

6. Exclamation  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    on the 2.0 the biting point is high.. it takes some time to get used to... i thought i had a problem when i got the car and it was so high... however 60k later its still in the same place!!

if you jump in a Diesel A4 B6 its really low... however the clutch in the diesels is different anyway to take the addtional torque and weight.

Cheers

RickT

0 0 0

7. Post Dont Worry 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey i moved from a Golf to a Audi A4... I felt the same issue i was running around like a headless chicken trying to see if it was the norm...

All i can say is go and Test drive another A4 of the same spec to get a feel but dont worry there like that you'll get used to it...

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    as said above.. its normal... you get used to it!

RicKT

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    on the 2.0 the biting point is high.. it takes some time to get used to... i thought i had a problem when i got the car and it was so high... however 60k later its still in the same place!!

if you jump in a Diesel A4 B6 its really low... however the clutch in the diesels is different anyway to take the addtional torque and weight.

Cheers

RickT
    Is it the same for all B6's or just the 2.0 ? I've got a 1.8T with a high clutch and noisey release bearings. Wondered if it was time for a clutch assembly change.

Richie.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The 'heigh biting point' on my car really is starting to frustraight me.. Does anyone know why some A4's are like this..

I got 'Car Back' taxi service the other night and spent most of the jurney explaining the nasty clutch was normal on these A4's!!!!

Hmmmmmm!
    2002 A4 SPORT

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast