1. iPod slot + MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a question for new A4 (B8) owners. If you connect a music player (e.g. ipod) in the slot, is it operated via the MMI (the 6.5'' display) or do you have to use the player's controls? Or can you use both?
    I would much prefer to use the car's system (the big screen would make things easier).
    Thank you.

0 0 0

2. Re: iPod slot + MMI 
    AUDI-NUT Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_kkfis View Post
    I have a question for new A4 (B8) owners. If you connect a music player (e.g. ipod) in the slot, is it operated via the MMI (the 6.5'' display) or do you have to use the player's controls? Or can you use both?
    I would much prefer to use the car's system (the big screen would make things easier).
    Thank you.
    I spoke to my dealer about this and the I-Pod display is shown on the MMI screen and I understand you operate using car controls.

0 0 0

3. Re: iPod slot + MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AUDI-NUT View Post
    I spoke to my dealer about this and the I-Pod display is shown on the MMI screen and I understand you operate using car controls.
    Yes, but only if you order AMI (Audi Media Interface), and you can only order that if you have the SatNav module iirc.
    Delivered 27/5/08: B8 A4 2.0TDi SE, Lava Grey, Black Sports Seats, B&O, Cruise Control, Bluetooth, oh and Parking System Plus, gratis - courtesy of Audi

0 0 0

4. Re: iPod slot + MMI 
    AUDI-NUT Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by browellm View Post
    Yes, but only if you order AMI (Audi Media Interface), and you can only order that if you have the SatNav module iirc.
    Yes, this is true and I have ordered both. Bit pricey but what can you do......

0 0 0

5. Re: iPod slot + MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Order a 1900 pound navigation sytem just for that? Somehow I can't see that happening. So, I suppose that, without the SatNav, I 'll just have to use the music player to change songs et al, or just write mp3 cds. Oh, well.
    Anyway, thanks for the info guys.

Oh, a small clarification. I do know the SatNav is a very useful tool. I didn't mean to imply it isn't. It's just that I live in Cyprus and, currently, there are no maps covering my country. Plus, Cyprus is so small that SatNav is a pointless tool. I never get lost here anyway.

0 0 0

6. Re: iPod slot + MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Order a 1900 pound navigation sytem just for that? So, I suppose that, without the SatNav, I 'll just have to use the music player to change songs et al, or just write mp3 cds

Remember you do get an SD card slot that accepts up to 2gb cards. You can get about 30 albums on one of those assuming they are encoded at 192kbs.

SD cards are pennies to buy as well.
    Delivered 27/5/08: B8 A4 2.0TDi SE, Lava Grey, Black Sports Seats, B&O, Cruise Control, Bluetooth, oh and Parking System Plus, gratis - courtesy of Audi

0 0 0

7. Re: iPod slot + MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly true about the SD card. Think it cost me 13 quid or something ridiciulously cheap like that for a 2gb SD card. Thats holds plenty of MP3s and it just sits snug in the system.

If you want the system for Mp3 and not Sat Nav then just do that.

If you want a flash sat nav then splash out. I guess it looks better than a £120 tom tom on your window screen but at a rather insane price.

0 0 0

8. Re: iPod slot + MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    and you have to fork out the extra £29 for the leads connect to the iPod after that you just control the iPod on the MMI by selecting source...
    my system don't come with a SD slot

0 0 0

9. Re: iPod slot + MMI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Remember you do get an SD card slot that accepts up to 2gb cards. You can get about 30 albums on one of those assuming they are encoded at 192kbs.

SD cards are pennies to buy as well.
    I visited my local dealer to enquire about this. Apparently, the SD card also requires the AMI/ SatNav. I guess I'll have to stick with the cd/mp3 player

Anyway, thanks for the input guys.

0 0 0

10. Re: iPod slot + MMI 
    the_gasman Guest
    I visited my local dealer to enquire about this. Apparently, the SD card also requires the AMI/ SatNav. I guess I'll have to stick with the cd/mp3 player
    That's rubbish! The SD card reader is a standard feature on the SE. Your dealer doesn't know what he's talking about.

Martin

1 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast