1. Battery Change A6 Avant 02 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I am trying to change the battery on my 02 audi a6 avant which seemed straightforward (i now know differently) I can't get the battery out. Can anyone please advise me how to do this.
    Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Battery Change A6 Avant 02 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You have to remove the cable form that runs along the inside of the bulkhead in front of the battery. Remeve the cable form the Bulkhead on the RHS then ease the mpulded cable form up and over the bulkhead lip to allow the battery out. Regards Peter

0 0 0

3. Re: Battery Change A6 Avant 02 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Once the bulkhead is removed and the wire is out of the RHS of the battery it is held in at the bottom by a clamp. How do you remove the battery from this. I am struggling to work out how it is done.
    Cheers and help from anyone would be appreciated.

0 0 0

4. Re: Battery Change A6 Avant 02 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    There is a bolted down clamp on the drivers side of the battery which has to be removed and then the moved to the left about 2 cm and then lifted. If you can not figure out how to remove the battery you should not be playing around with your car. Get some informed assisatance. Regards Peter

0 0 0

5. Re: Battery Change A6 Avant 02 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To be fair getting the battery out of an Audi is not a lot of fun! I have removed cylinder heads, rebuilt brakes, changed wheel bearings and all sorts over the years.

Had to replace the battery on her in doors A4 Cabriolet and it was awful. I couldn't even see the clamp at first let alone get to it. Knuckles were scuffed, back ache and liberal use of swear words. All this just to get a battery out!

I much prefer the way BMW mount the battery in the boot.

0 0 0

6. Re: Battery Change A6 Avant 02 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Howes View Post
    To be fair getting the battery out of an Audi is not a lot of fun! I have removed cylinder heads, rebuilt brakes, changed wheel bearings and all sorts over the years.

Had to replace the battery on her in doors A4 Cabriolet and it was awful. I couldn't even see the clamp at first let alone get to it. Knuckles were scuffed, back ache and liberal use of swear words. All this just to get a battery out!

I much prefer the way BMW mount the battery in the boot.
    Careful Steve... B** is a swear word itself.

Paul
    2016 VW Transporter T6 2.0 TDI Highline SWB
    2011 Jaguar XFR 100 5.0 V8 Supercharged

0 0 0

7. Re: Battery Change A6 Avant 02 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have same problem today with Audi A4 avant 1999. how to get it out?

0 0 0