Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Differecne Diesel Golf GT 2.0 & Diesel GT 2.0 SPORT ?

1. Differecne Diesel Golf GT 2.0 & Diesel GT 2.0 SPORT ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,I am looking to purchase an 07/57 plate Golf, could anyone tell me the differences Between
    Diesel Golf GT 2.0 & Diesel GT 2.0 SPORT ?
    A VW dealer told me the sport model only came in at 57 - is this correct ?
    Also is the climate control much better than the Automatic Air conditioning ?
    Many thanks in adavnce

0 0 0

2. Re: Differecne Diesel Golf GT 2.0 & Diesel GT 2.0 SPORT ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    GT Sport in 2007 replaces the GT models.

Climate control is much better than just automatic air con as the system can keep a constant temp in the car.

0 0 0

3. Re: Differecne Diesel Golf GT 2.0 & Diesel GT 2.0 SPORT ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there

I believe VW brought in a new 2008 model on a 57 plate which I guess is the gt sport.

The only other difference I can think of would be between the 140 and the 170 (assuming it is a diesel your talking about)

Cheers
    Mart

0 0 0

4. Re: Differecne Diesel Golf GT 2.0 & Diesel GT 2.0 SPORT ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    climate control all the way air con feels cold climate the way forward mate.

0 0 0

5. Re: Differecne Diesel Golf GT 2.0 & Diesel GT 2.0 SPORT ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am thinking of making the same purchase but with DSG.

Not much price difference between buying a GT Sport second hand or a new one from www.drivethedeal.com so gonna go for a new one.

I have climate control in my current car (A mercedes), its just a convenience, you set what temperature you want each side of your car to be and it will automatically switch aircon on/off or adjust as appropriate to keep temperature at what you have set.

Without Climate control you decide when to switch on or off and at what temp to turn on at etc.

0 0 0

6. Re: Differecne Diesel Golf GT 2.0 & Diesel GT 2.0 SPORT ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnd1881 View Post
    Hi All,I am looking to purchase an 07/57 plate Golf, could anyone tell me the differences Between
    Diesel Golf GT 2.0 & Diesel GT 2.0 SPORT ?
    A VW dealer told me the sport model only came in at 57 - is this correct ?
    Also is the climate control much better than the Automatic Air conditioning ?
    Many thanks in adavnce
    GT Sport has extra tnted glass (privacy glass ?) in the back half of the car. GT Sport badge on the grill. New models have leather at no cost

0 0 0

7. Re: Differecne Diesel Golf GT 2.0 & Diesel GT 2.0 SPORT ? 
    Asy Guest
    And darkened headlights....

0 0 0

8. Re: Differecne Diesel Golf GT 2.0 & Diesel GT 2.0 SPORT ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My dad has an 07 plate GT TDI 170 and I have a 57 plate GT sport TDI 170. The differences are that the GT sport has the all black front grille which makes it look more like a GTI from a distance, rear glass (3 windows) is heavily tinted, front headlights are tinted, GT sport badge on front grille and the CD player can play MP3 CDs. All of those things aren't on the GT. Interior is identical except the CD player (GT can't play MP3 CDs).

For 08 and on models, you get the "free" leather after the list price went up £200, which is still a bargain.

Hang on for a year and i'll sell mine to you!

0 0 0

9. Re: Differecne Diesel Golf GT 2.0 & Diesel GT 2.0 SPORT ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I forgot - regardless of whether its GT or GT Sport, the 140's don't have twin exhaust pipes.

I agree with the comment before - a VW dealer will try and have your eyes out for a 1 year old car vs someone like "uknewcars.co.uk" for a brand new one.

Its always worth getting your local dealer to match an online deal. You'll generally get a lower part ex price to offset some of the discount, so negotiate the part ex priceas if you were going to pay retail then stick the uknewcars quote to them.

You should expect to save at least £1600 plus get your proper part ex price, which translates to the £2200ish uknewcars discount and £600 less than the true part ex value of your car. Times are hard economically, if they quote falling residuals to give you a low part ex, make sure you get a hefty discount on the new one to make up for it.

0 0 0

10. Re: Differecne Diesel Golf GT 2.0 & Diesel GT 2.0 SPORT ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dead thread mate question was asked in April
    Ta Des

0 0 0