Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

Am a newbie here looking for help/advice. I took delivery of my new cabriolet at the end of jan this year and have covered 3500 miles. My problem is I do a mixture of motorway and town driving and dont seem to get anything higher than 34mpg. I change gear before 2500rpm with my top speed being 80mph. This week Ive put in £50 of fuel and out of that ive only managed 280miles!!! Is this right??. My previous car was a 56plate S3 and for £50 that i used to put in that I would get the same miles of 280 sometimes getting over 320!. My car is the 140bhp with a DPF filter. Ive had it back to my audi centre and they cant find any fault with the engine. Surely these figures cant be right!?!. Im also having problems with rattles from the windows and dash which get sorted by my audi centre but return after only a few days. Is anyone else having problems like these?

Cheers
    Steven

0 0 0

2. Re: Poor MPG A4 2.0TDi S-Line 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There must be something wrong with it mate. I have a 1.8T 190bhp and even i get about 350ish for £50!

Are you sure no one else has reset it to zero without you knowing?!!

0 0 0

3. Re: Poor MPG A4 2.0TDi S-Line 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2.0TDI 140 and do around 500miles per week also a mixture of motorway and town and by my own admission am a bit light on the left foot.

On a full tank I can get around 680- 700 miles out of it which I think equates out to the mid to high 50's per gallon

0 0 0

4. Re: Poor MPG A4 2.0TDi S-Line 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I've just purchased my 2.0 tdi 140 sline avant. 55 plate.

These are my accurate measurements.

Miles cost MPG
    march 509.4 £64.50 39.5 April 502.8 £75.00 34.7

Not too great at the moment. Not much long distance running. Not that pleased but it is pretty much where it should be 35 mpg for the driving I do. Thats with changing at 2000rpm not laboring the engine either.

0 0 0

5. Re: Poor MPG A4 2.0TDi S-Line 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive got a 2007 Avant tdi 140 with 14K on it. My mpg is improving now, especially as the really cold weather is abating. Typically cruising at 80 on the motorway, I get 44-45 mpg with my overall average sitting at around 42 mpg. However my wife gets about 50 on an 85 mile trip from the Thames Valley to Northampton. However some days, for no apparent reason the MPG just will not get much over the 40's no matter how gentle you are which is wierd.
    But there is no doubt about it, you have to be much more gentle with the 2.0 TDI engine than you used to have to be with the old TDi 130 lump to get decent MPG.

0 0 0

6. Re: Poor MPG A4 2.0TDi S-Line 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you have defo got something wrong. I do 60 on the motorway, and get so far best is 75.6 mpg and just about 1000 miles to a tank.

You should be getting 50's at 80 mph.

0 0 0