1. Do you like your dealer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Not of the narcotic variety of course, but your friendly (or otherwise) VW dealer - or any dealer you've used?

What experiences have you had with them?

I'll kick this off with a falling out I had with a dealer in (Town name witheld) - not my current dealer I might add. I actually complained to the dealer and to VW - this is an extract from the letter that I wrote to them:

This morning, I brought my car in to yourselves today, as per prior agreement, as close to 8am as possible to have some work done under a VW warranty. Although I was in before your standard opening time, the main doors were open and I saw a service person with whom I hoped I could leave my keys – I believe that this person was (Name Witheld). I asked him whether I could leave my keys, to which he responded that I could. He went on to ignore me, walking past me on several occasions neither acknowledging me, offering a pen or anything to write on. Only when I asked for a pen did he offer me one, making clear his displeasure at being disturbed, I then had to fill out a tag for my vehicle and attach it to my key – my details were not taken and a booking sheet was not offered.

This is not the first time that I have been in to yourselves and received a less than courteous response and I am, frankly, disappointed.
    The response from the dealer and from VW was that the guy was to be retrained - I've not been there since.

On the other side, my current dealership in Scunthorpe has been very good to me (apart from the argument over the iPod link) and have been nothing but courteous, helpful and have pretty much bent over backwards to accomodate me. They even repaired the damage to my car from when it was keyed (they were doing a dent at the time anyway) and didn't charge me.
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi SE: Misano red, Kinetic 17s, Comfort package, Storage package, non smoking package, Nav, Upgrade to Audi sound system, Debadged
    Previous: VW Golf Mk6, 2009, 2.0 TDi GT, Candy White, Luxury pack, 18" Bilbaos, Tyre Pressure Monitor - VW Passat B6, 2005, 2.0 TDi SE, Metallic Navy Blue, Front/rear sensors, chrome grille, black leather

0 0 0

2. Re: Do you like your dealer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Moved to "Chat about Cars" section - interesting topic which applies to all marques and models.

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

3. Re: Do you like your dealer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a bad experience with the ****s I bought my 306 from. When the owners of the dealers sent a customer satisfaction survey out I was brutally honest and sent in further side of A4 detailing why they were so bad. I never got any form acknowlegement from them. The dealers was closed down within a year though and is now a M&S.

I guess it must be hard for dealers to know whether taking the time to do little extras will earn them anything in return. As you've said about your experience with the Scunthorpe dealers, as they made the effort with the keying you're more likely to go back there, but they've no way of knowing that when they did that repair.

I suspect the garage I use for servicing aren't the cheapest, but they've always been spot on. When a repair they did on my 306 lead to an ABS sensor failing, they replaced and apologised. When I eventually had to scrap my 306 (they knew the car quite well by that point) they asked if I wanted anything removing and were able to take the stereo, multichanger and alloys of it before scrapping it allowing me to sell them and get some cash back.
    As I know I can trust them, I'm happy to keep going there.

0 0 0

4. Re: Do you like your dealer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I have used 2 dealers with regards to my Audi. I bought it from an independent, (name withheld, but they are in Urmston) who seemed okay until I realised they hadn't given me all of the relevant books with the car, i.e. radio book etc. And the fact that they lied to me and told me it was a 1 owner, when it fact it had 2 owners prior to myself. I was fairly disappointed with them.

Anyway, what really got me annoyed, was that the air-con wasn't working correctly ever since I bought it. I had now had the car about 10 days and it had never worked correctly. Out of the drivers side vents and in the back was warm(ish) air, despite the climate control being set to LO. The passenger side was fine though.

I took it back and told them, and I wanted it re-gassed. They said, "yes, we can re-gas it at a cost of £60". I told them not to be so silly, I'd only had the car 10 days, "you won't charge me anything". So in the end they re-gassed it for free. No problems whatsoever since, I've now owned it nearly 12 months.

Stockport Audi

No problems with Stockport Audi at all so far. I've used them for parts and accessories, and they've always been polite. I bought all the relevant service parts from them, and the timing belt kit, all of which I fitted myself. They are a bit dear, but what main dealer isn't these days?

They gave me the radio code for free seen as I had no radio book, I just claimed I disconnected the battery and lost it. Mind you I had just spent £70 on mudflaps, and if they didn't give me the code for free I would have walked out.

I didn't get to sit in an R8, or get a charming saleswomen throw a coffee at me like other forum members, but they were no hassle.

Paul
    2016 VW Transporter T6 2.0 TDI Highline SWB
    2011 Jaguar XFR 100 5.0 V8 Supercharged

0 0 0

5. Re: Do you like your dealer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'm always in and out of norwich audi for one thing or another, and while i have never had any work carried out by themselves they are always polite and friendly (they even know me by name now) and are only to happy to supply parts. the last service i did i recieved a 15% discount on the filters/fluids/plugs without even asking them.

why do so few places not understand that just a small gesture like this that cost them a few pounds at most, will probably generate hundreds more turnover when i return time and time again in the future....(ok granted, this is still pocket change for a main dealer)

0 0 0

6. Re: Do you like your dealer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had my Passat serviced and an MOT for £220 in February.

They did not wash the car as I expected.

Its a good job I check my oil regularly as they had overfilled the engine.

I returned the car to the dealer which they put right and this time they washed the car and gave me a spare litre of oil

MrG

0 0 0

7. Re: Do you like your dealer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I feel that garages usually only get stick for doing this badly...

I`ve had good service from SKF in Bolton(VW main dealer) Parts dept... always helpful and give me 25% off service items.
    They couldnt get anywhere near the price for a cambelt change that crewe VW did though.
    I`ve had very good service from VW crewe(main dealer) when it came to having the cambelt done there.

I had top drawer service and politeness.... a mega price for the cambelt and tensioner fitted(184 quid!) and a courtesy car with fuel in it, and it was a golf tdi too.THey upgraded the courtesy car as I had a baby seat to accomodate so that was the 5 door car they had.
    My came back washed and hoovered.

Cant fault them at all... they even asked if I was happy too!

Big thumbs up and keep it up VW!

Mark

0 0 0

8. Re: Do you like your dealer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can highly recommend 3 main dealers.

VW Tamworth, while i worked in lichfield, the collected and returned my car, for service and 1st MOT and they fitted the cruise control. Although they had a bit of difficulty with the cruise, they still collected and returned mine.

VW coventry, Great for parts as they are local.

VW Stratford, Can't fault them, warranty work, servicing, friendlyness. you name it.

Dad can add more to this as he takes cars to them on recovery vehicles (another story)

0 0 0

9. Re: Do you like your dealer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Regards Listers VW at Stratford upon Avon.
    I purchased my Touareg from them a couple of years ago and any warranty work that has been required (very little) has been completed without arguement. As a result I have been taking my wifes Mk4 Golf there for servicing again without any troubles. An example of my experience with them is that when driving the Golf down to them for a service, the clutch packed up. After an hours wait for rescue services (non VW), the car was taken to them directly and the service and the clutch repair was completed the same day.
    No doubt it helped that the car was already booked in. The clutch master cylinder was replaced and as that part was just one month out of warrenty,they paid 50% towards the bill.(The Golf is 52 reg)
    Coffee and newspapers/magazines and you don't go invisible when you enter. Even my wife enjoys the experience! Listers are also highly recommended on the Touareg forum.
    I can't say the same about Solihull Volkswagen.

0 0 0

10. Re: Do you like your dealer? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a company car and do a huge amount of miles every year, I have tried to stay in VW's as think that the car it self is strong, reliable and comfortable, I have had 2 Passat Sports, 2 Bora Sports a Golf GTTDI and now on the Jetta. But I as much as I have enjoyed (still am enjoying) my VW's the main dealers leave a lot to be desired.

Whilst down south one tried to replace my front pads and discs, problem was that Kwickfit had only done them the week before

In Leicestershire area the dealer forgot to,A.book my car in B.When they did forgot to sort courtesy car.

In Yorkshire one dealers service staff were arguing in the main office, and again another forgot to book my car in.

It frustrates the hell out of me as I work in a customer facing role and I hate nothing more than being thought as of incompetent, rude, agresive or just plain thick...........

So in answer to your question "no not particulary"

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast