Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    A 4B Audi RS6+ Avant, an absolute sledge hammer of a car with an exhaust note that reaches the soul.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Best ever car? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Best owned car was either my XR3i or my Range Rover 4.6HSE Limited Edition (bought it for a laugh from auction)

Best Company car so far Bora Sport 1.9tdi 150bhp (chipped it not that tjhe fleet manager knew)

Best car driven, well this list could be masive (I work for a car auction) but the one that sticks in my mind the most was a Dodge Viper V10 it was something else..... me and another guy had to deliver it from Coventry to Cheadle, we took it in turns to scare each other

0 0 0

3. Re: Best ever car? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaDSG View Post
    Best owned car was either my XR3i or my Range Rover 4.6HSE Limited Edition (bought it for a laugh from auction)

Best Company car so far Bora Sport 1.9tdi 150bhp (chipped it not that tjhe fleet manager knew)

Best car driven, well this list could be masive (I work for a car auction) but the one that sticks in my mind the most was a Dodge Viper V10 it was something else..... me and another guy had to deliver it from Coventry to Cheadle, we took it in turns to scare each other
    Well, I'm disappointed. I live in Cheadle yet you drove a Dodge Viper through my backyard and I didn't know about it!

Nice job by the way.

Paul
    2016 VW Transporter T6 2.0 TDI Highline SWB
    2011 Jaguar XFR 100 5.0 V8 Supercharged

0 0 0

4. Re: Best ever car? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Taking everything into account I am torn between two.

My first Audi, a 1.9 TDi (90) A4 avant, which was so reliable and so economic it was scary. I did over 100K in that car then used it as a company pool car before I gave it to my nephew who has taken it above 200K. Still runs very well and still gives over 50mpg. Brilliant.

And my Current Audi, an A6 avant 2.7T quattro sport. Power, luxury, handling (well you know), power, build quality, etc. Oh and power. I drive for a living and this thing turns a mundane chore into an event EVERY time I get into it.
    2007 Audi A6 3.0 TDi quattro S line manual saloon
    1975 Rover P6 4000S 5 speed

Time flies like an arrow
    Fruit flies like a banana

0 0 0

5. Re: Best ever car? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What about the new audi R8?

Dan.

0 0 0

6. Re: Best ever car? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Too "in yer face", nice but not subtle. I would have the new RS6, do damage to the roads and the atmosphere at the same time.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Best ever car? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For Fun.. a Austin Mini (Minor). Years before the days of British Leyland....
    Can't remember just how old it was..but it was definately older than me (42 now).
    For Long Range Crusing....Vectra 2.2 SRi Estate....(I do hope that the Passat, when it arrives is as good...Sorry, I know it goes against the grain)
    For Looning about....Saab 93 2.0L LPT (helped to get me 10 points in under 12 months)
    For curing the Monday Morning Blues...BRG Rover 620si (a beautiful classic design).
    For Reliability.... Datsun Sunny 120 (why do you think that loads became taxis- later in their lives??)
    For 'courting' girlies........1.3 TC Mark IV (if I remember rightly) Triumph Spitfire softop.

0 0 0

8. Re: Best ever car? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Too "in yer face", nice but not subtle. I would have the new RS6, do damage to the roads and the atmosphere at the same time.
    I am a fan of the RS6 aswel! But don't you think it is almost to subtle? Its a nice car, but if your spending that much on a car you want it to stand out a little more?

Dan.

0 0 0

9. Re: Best ever car? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Those in the know would appreciate to swollen sides and menacing stance.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Best ever car? 
    Emily's dad Guest
    Depends at what stage of your motoring "life" you were talking about

At 21 my Peugeot 309GTI was the best thing ever, and fortunately could afford to insure it.

Mid 30's a 1974 Rover P6 3500s was an excellent toy

Now with two young kids and all that that entails I can't beat my Alhambra

Best car ever driven though: Aston Martin DB6 not quite Bond's car but close enough.
    Last edited by Emily's dad; 05-04-2008 at 08:56 PM. Reason: spelling

0 0 0

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast