Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2004 1.9 TDI Sport (C5 model)

The air in the cabin is beginning to smell a little like a full hoover bag and I suspect the pollen filter needs changing and maybe the air ducts need purging with a spray. I did this myself on my old car which was a Daewoo Leganza. Is this a DIY project because the filter housing is not obviously accessible, and if so, where is is located and how can it be changed? Advice will be appreciated as I dont want to spend £26 on a new filter element and not be able to fit it.

0 0 0

2. Re: Pollen filter change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    They are available for a lot less that that. It is on the RHS form the fton under the cover infront of the screen. Remove the rubber attaching the trim to the forward bulkhead and pull the cover forward. The Pollen filter is on the Right. Check the plenum chamber is not holding water whilst you are there. Replace in reverse. Regards Peter

0 0 0

3. Re: Pollen filter change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Peter. I will take a look at the weekend. By the way, where can the filters be obtained cheaper?

0 0 0

4. Re: Pollen filter change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Eurocar parts and GFS and I was informed last weekend that fram now do them. Regards Peter

0 0 0

5. Re: Pollen filter change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Replaced the pollen filter this afternoon. Straightforward job thanks to Peter D s instructions. Took the opportunity to look for water collecting under the battery and servo as reported elsewhere but it all looked dry. I also turned on the aircon and sprayed some Flash cleaner with bleach into the air duct under the pollen filter prior to fitting, and sprayed some on the new filter itself. Air co and vent ducts now smell really clean and fresh. No need to buy expensive air con purification sprays.

0 0 0

6. Re: Pollen filter change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Should the pollen filter have a cover on top of it?

I've just cleaned out the water and gunge from under the battery. When I took the battery cover off, the pollen filter is just sat on top of the plenum chamber. Is this right, or should there be some sort of cover?

Mine is a 2000 A6 Avant (C5)

Thanks.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a Light Side and a Dark Side and it holds the universe together.
    2002 Passat 1.9tdi
    2004 A3 2.0 FSI
    Gone: 1997 Golf GTI ; 1989 Coupe; 2000 A6 Avant 2.4; 2000 A3 1.8

0 0 0

7. Re: Pollen filter change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickPicks View Post
    Should the pollen filter have a cover on top of it?

I've just cleaned out the water and gunge from under the battery. When I took the battery cover off, the pollen filter is just sat on top of the plenum chamber. Is this right, or should there be some sort of cover?

Mine is a 2000 A6 Avant (C5)

Thanks.

There should be cover over the top of it, (ie.. a black plastic cover) if it gets damp it wont work..

Rick

0 0 0

8. Re: Pollen filter change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    There is no cover for the filter, I do not have one and the manual shows no cover just a clip at the front to stop the filter jumping out. Regards Peter

0 0 0