Notices

User Tag List

Thread: anyone used the one-touch module from cabrio-module.de on their A4 Cab?

1. anyone used the one-touch module from cabrio-module.de on their A4 Cab? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i've been thinking for ages about getting a smarttop unit when i visit the states, as i'll save about £80 if i buy over there, but after seeing that cabrio-module.de offer a one-touch roof opening module, i may just get one of those instead.

i doubt i would ever have a serious need to open/close the roof using the remote, but the single click roof operation seems like a great idea.

anyway...my question is: can anyone tell me if the cabrio-module is as configurable as the smarttop unit?

can you choose if the windows remain up, or are included in the one-touch operation?

Cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: anyone used the one-touch module from cabrio-module.de on their A4 Cab? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ...nevermind. Andreas from Reinhold engineering replied to me (below) and kindly faxed the install manuals to me.

you can close the windows by remote when the roof is already closed. The
    windows will be closed when the roof is opened/closed by remote. You
    can't configure the modules.
    for reference, installation of the one-touch module is under the roof switch, and the remote module goes in the driver's door, and connects into the wiring to the myriad of window switches.

0 0 0

3. Re: anyone used the one-touch module from cabrio-module.de on their A4 Cab? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate - you got the car yet!
    Remember the SmartTop has this one touch function as well as the added funtionality of:
    • using it when the you turn the ignition on/off
    • using it upto 25mph (if you dare!) and
    • clicking int twice to put the windows back up.

I know it costs a fair bit more than the cabrio-module but I must admit, I do use the remote roof a number of times along with the remote windows... only used the one touch function at the button once tho!

0 0 0

4. Re: anyone used the one-touch module from cabrio-module.de on their A4 Cab? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no. not yet *sniff* still looking

its just im off to the states in may and im trying to make up my mind which system to add on, as i can get the smarttop delivered to the hotel, and avoid import costs.

i like the extra options the smarttop offers, but dunno if i'll use the extra bits enough to justify the extra £100. theres a (cabrio-module) one-touch that ends on fleabay today for about £40 delivered (not inc any import duty that gets slapped on it)

decisions decisions....

0 0 0

5. Re: anyone used the one-touch module from cabrio-module.de on their A4 Cab? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The import duty from america for the SmartTop is around £40! Not sure how it works, so not sure how much duty would be on the lower priced cabrio-module... its also only coming from Germany so I woud have thought that ther wouldn't be any as we're all in Europe!

0 0 0

6. Re: anyone used the one-touch module from cabrio-module.de on their A4 Cab? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    HigherOctane (site sponsors) are an official UK distrubutor of the smarttop products. and if it werent for the fact im going to the states, i would have bought from them (hope you're reading this Stuart :P ) for £235 all in.

i think im coming back round to the smarttop, as after more thought, i think the extra features (like remote windows up/down etc) are worth it. plus i think the smarttop installation just seems that bit more professional/oem looking (apart from the power/gnd connections).

ive got a few weeks left to decide (and find out if im liable for import duty from germany).

out of interest, how did you find the installation? im not worried about the electrical side of things, more about the trim panel removal. did it come off easily without any of those horrible plastic-clip-breaking noises? has the panel gone back in properly? not loose etc?

thanks

EDIT: no duty when importing goods into the UK from EU member states.
    Last edited by dansansome; 01-04-2008 at 11:10 AM. Reason: found out about duty

0 0 0

7. Re: anyone used the one-touch module from cabrio-module.de on their A4 Cab? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They are €40 from ebay.de.......

0 0 0

8. Re: anyone used the one-touch module from cabrio-module.de on their A4 Cab? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The side panel came off 'eventually' put with no trouble... would have been easier with someone pulling the back seat back/away while removing the side trim but was do-able. The trim was quite strong/rigid and I'm quite sure it would be hard to fold/crease/buckle it. When off its still got the seat belt through it, so it just leant outside against the car.

It went back in fine - again would help if the back seat was held back again - but I personally was rushing to place it back because it was about to pour down with rain. And as a result I did break a clip at the bottom (below the seat) where it pushes in to secure... it is now slightly loose by about 3mm and I've yet to sort it! But like I say, this was becuase the roof was down and a storm was coming. If time was taken it would have gone back together by wiggling it in and I would have checked that it was in position before bashing it in with the palm of my hand! I eventually checked it against the other side to see if it lined up the same.

It did take about an hour to fit and I was taking my time and didn't rush (apart from the end).

0 0 0

9. Re: anyone used the one-touch module from cabrio-module.de on their A4 Cab? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok, thanks.

was a bit nervous about it. experience has taught me that panels rarely go back on the same after they have been removed (by me anyway lol)

rep+

0 0 0