Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Radio Options to replace Concert?

1. Radio Options to replace Concert? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone,

Just picked up a 1999T 1.8T SE Avant at the weekend. It's lovely apart from the 'problem' with the volume knob on the radio.

I've noticed that if you pull the knob towards you while you turn it, then you don't get the problem with the volume jumping to loud or quiet, and you can adjust normally.

However, I'd like a radio that works properly, so what options do I have for upgrading this radio/cassette?

I've noticed that all the other radios that appear on eBay seem to be double-DIN size.

I'd like to stick to an Audi radio so it will show station name on my instrument cluster and also work with the 6CD changer I have in my boot. I also like the look of the factory fit models.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Sam
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    hiya, im not sure what head units you're looking at, but there are single din units. all you need is a unit with cd changer control and an adapter for the stereo. probably best to stick with sony or a main named brand as the adapter leads are much easier to get hold off for these. post up a link as to what you're looking at. does it have to be a casette unit? or do you use cds mainly. there are loads of different options available, just depends on what you need the unit for.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't want to install a branded unit (Sony etc), because I want to keep the Audi look and also I want the radio station to show up on my instrument cluster still.

Does anyone know if it's hard to convert from single DIN (as the Concert is) to double DIN (e.g. Symphony)?
    0 0 0

4. concert radio problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Samd

Your concert radio could be a problem with software in a chip in the set, it's on hundreds of sets, but Audi seem uninterested, does the bass, treble and balance work ok?
    If no, then it's the control knob, if yes then it is the software problem, you can get your set fixed at a place called OE electronics of Calne Wilts.
    Type OE on google to find them, it costs £80 inc pp and vat
    Regards
    Gary
    Last edited by gazza57; 04-12-2006 at 01:42 PM. Reason: further info
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds a bit pricey though, doesn't it? Is the Concert really that good a radio to warrant fixing it?
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    samd

Whether you think the cost (£80) justifies itself I suppose is a matter of opinion. I know my concert is a Blaupunkt Unit and is of good quality. Prior to the new chip being fitted the reception was indeed not very bright and I had thought about replacing it with new.
    However, since the unit has been back the reception is superb as I think that the Motorola MC6805 processor fitted also looks after the frequency selection as well as the volume etc.
    I certainly don't regret having the chip replaced besides £80 won't get you much extra from a quality viewpoint don't you think?
    Regards
    Gazza57
    Last edited by gazza57; 05-12-2006 at 07:35 AM. Reason: spelling mistake!
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I suppose for £80 you don't get a lot. However, I have seen some Audi Symphony CD/Cassette/Radio units going for good prices.

Can this double DIN unit be mounted into my car easily? I suppose I'd lose the flip cover for the radio that I have now?

Has anyone attempted this?
    0 0 0

8. Hi there i have a perfect concert radio cassette that i,ve just taken out of my 99/t 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as above email me if interested shane@craftingbydesign.co.uk
    Quote Originally Posted by samd View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just picked up a 1999T 1.8T SE Avant at the weekend. It's lovely apart from the 'problem' with the volume knob on the radio.

I've noticed that if you pull the knob towards you while you turn it, then you don't get the problem with the volume jumping to loud or quiet, and you can adjust normally.

However, I'd like a radio that works properly, so what options do I have for upgrading this radio/cassette?

I've noticed that all the other radios that appear on eBay seem to be double-DIN size.

I'd like to stick to an Audi radio so it will show station name on my instrument cluster and also work with the 6CD changer I have in my boot. I also like the look of the factory fit models.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Sam
    0 0 0