Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi guys

Still pretty new here but have never had a problem i couldnt find a solution to on this forum.

until now

i have a b5.5 estate and have recently had the common problem of the water in footwell business, i have cleared the drain holes as the instructions showed however i did push the one under the battery through and lost it so dont know if this could be the problem but shurely if water comes up it can go back down it a lot easier, but anyway this so far has helped for the front footwells.

but the back driver side is the worst now it keeps coming back, no way near as much as when the drain holes were blocked but still enough to have a 1/4 inch puddle in the back.

whenever i press down on the carpet it seems to leak in from the door pillar area but under the runners of the seat.

is this still from another drain hole that i missed apart from the one under the battery and the one under the brake servo?

i have cleaned the seals around the doors but they seem to be like new and cant see any evidence they leak from there.

i hope someone can help.

keep up the good work

thanks
    Pete

0 0 0

2. Re: Water in Rear Driver Footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    That will be the metal panel that holds the window winder mechanism; the seal rots at the bottom and allows water in from behind the door card.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

3. Re: Water in Rear Driver Footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers mate i will try that as soon as i get some time.

just got to survive the smell for another few days until the weekend

0 0 0

4. Re: Water in Rear Driver Footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Taking the inner metal panel off on a Passat is quite tricky where the glass is concerned. You need to get hold of a meter or so of the genuine VW sealing cord before you start. If the sealing cord has rotted, I just replace the lower section and up each side a few inches. Do not use anything else to seal the panel as removing the panel at a later date can be virtually impossible if it has been bonded to the door. I use VW sealing cord AKD 497 010 04 R10.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 1 0

5. Re: Water in Rear Driver Footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Crasher,
    Any chance you could break this job down a little further-what would the job entail ?How long might it take etc?

Many thanks ,
    Mike

0 0 0

6. Re: Water in Rear Driver Footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    PM me your email and car reg number.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Water in Rear Driver Footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Done.

0 0 0

8. Re: Water in Rear Driver Footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Presumably siliconing bottom of door trim is a bad idea as the water would presumably get trapped?

1 0 0

9. Re: Water in Rear Driver Footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Anything involving the use of silicone sealant is a bad idea in this area. The panel MUST be removed and re-sealed with the correct VW seal strip.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Water in Rear Driver Footwell 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Anything involving the use of silicone sealant is a bad idea in this area. The panel MUST be removed and re-sealed with the correct VW seal strip.
    hi sorry to hijack this thread but would this be the same problem for the audi a4 b5.5? if so could you please go into abit more detail how to repair,
    Thanks

0 0 0