1. Re: Stopped by garda speed check in Ireland 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I got caught a few times around Cork (I didn't slow down either, but in fairness some of the speed limits are too low for the roads, especially in the country), have a UK licence, smiled each time, paid the fine, never had any further hassle.

As always the real problem is too much speed on bad roads, the speed traps tend to be at the end of a straight where you can comfortably do more speed.

Fortunately I'm now old enough to know when you slow down unlike a lot of the lads in their Corolla's, you just hope they get old enough to learn before they start bouncing off ditches

0 0 0

2. Re: Stopped by garda speed check in Ireland 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to Peoplesman:
    Yeah the Fabia vRS is just one small but cute model it looks so much more mature than the regular fabia. But do you know that on the continent they do them as estates as well, just fit them with different engine than the 130BHP diesel.
    Anyway they don't do anymore cuz there is new generation fabia out here. I personally do not like the new one as much.
    so.
    BTW. I got a letter where they stated that i has been allocated 2(two) points on the irish road safety file.

I used to drive safe, now i watch the speed limit gauge all the time so i am afraid to drift.
    2,5 V6 TDI 179BHP Q allroudi

*****I used to drive safe, but now I simply watch the speed limit*****

0 0 0

3. Re: Stopped by garda speed check in Ireland 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    By any chance was this garda from portlaoise?? Got nabbed in rhode bout 3 summers ago doing 103 in a 50. Thats kph before you start thinking im a little mad. To be honest i was only driving about 4 months before it happened. And it was in a 1L polo. Have a golf 130 now and to my surprise i actually drive alot slower now and find myself being a bit more responsible. Same cant be said for the new kinnegad athlone bypass. Why the hell is that road a 100kph speed limit?? Doing 100 on that road i think is even more dangerous than 120. Because its just too slow and i find my mind wandering a bit which kinda makes you drop your guard, and then some ponse in a flash new merc/beemer cuts infront of you just because he thinks he's sooooooooo cool. Wait a minute, im kinda gone off the point a bit. When i got caught I had to go to portlaoise and pay the fine. Instead of my local Garda station for reasons beyond me. Anyhu, theres frig all ya can do now except cough up to the power pushers.

0 0 0

4. Re: Stopped by garda speed check in Ireland 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Port Laoise Gardai are renounded for being bad people

They'd do their own grandmothers !
    VW Passat '03 1.9 TDI Comfortline
    Skoda Fabia '03 1.2 Comfort
    Honda Civic '92 1.6

0 0 0

5. Re: Stopped by garda speed check in Ireland 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lets just hope there are no portlaoise super spies on this forum lol

0 0 0

6. Re: Stopped by garda speed check in Ireland 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devsgolf View Post
    By any chance was this garda from portlaoise?? Got nabbed in rhode bout 3 summers ago doing 103 in a 50. Thats kph before you start thinking im a little mad. To be honest i was only driving about 4 months before it happened. And it was in a 1L polo. Have a golf 130 now and to my surprise i actually drive alot slower now and find myself being a bit more responsible. Same cant be said for the new kinnegad athlone bypass. Why the hell is that road a 100kph speed limit?? Doing 100 on that road i think is even more dangerous than 120. Because its just too slow and i find my mind wandering a bit which kinda makes you drop your guard, and then some ponse in a flash new merc/beemer cuts infront of you just because he thinks he's sooooooooo cool. Wait a minute, im kinda gone off the point a bit. When i got caught I had to go to portlaoise and pay the fine. Instead of my local Garda station for reasons beyond me. Anyhu, theres frig all ya can do now except cough up to the power pushers.
    yes that is right, many more road sections could be named where they made the road too good to leave it for 100kph limit. Hm. :/
    2,5 V6 TDI 179BHP Q allroudi

*****I used to drive safe, but now I simply watch the speed limit*****

0 0 0

7. Re: Stopped by garda speed check in Ireland 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just in:
    That new bypass should be 120kmph when its full open. When passing over kilbeggan bridge, all the road signs on the 'yet to be opened bit are blue (motorway signs). Still too slow. We should have autobahns lol

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12