2. Re: MK3 - Cutting Out 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Crusher, I'll replace the relay if you think it could work, and let you all know how it pans out.

0 0 0

3. Re: MK3 - Cutting Out 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok,

I have the ECU relay fitted. I took the car out for a couple of hours and it is still juddering when idle. The needle seems to flicker between 900 and 1000 rpm.

Surely this is to do with the throttle body? But I just had it cleaned and reset! Could it be letting air in somewhere to cause this.

Please help me some more people. It's my first car and I don't want to have to go back to busses!!!!!

Thanks,
    Dirty G.

0 0 0

4. Re: MK3 - Cutting Out 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Have you disconnected the battery since the TB was reset?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: MK3 - Cutting Out 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the quick response, Crasher.

Not disconnected the battery. Why?

0 0 0

6. Re: MK3 - Cutting Out 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dirty Grape,
    Was not the major problem the actual CUTTING OUT of absolutely everything mid-trip?
    Other than the shuddering while idleing has the car shut of/cut-out whilst driving since you replaced the relay??
    Mine shudders a little too but if I was able to get rid of the "cutting out/stalling" by replacing the relay I would be more than happy to worry about a small idling problem especially when it is just shuddering a little rather than stalling completely.
    So, yeah, my question is did the replacement of Relay no. 30 stop the "cutting -out"???

0 0 0

7. Re: MK3 - Cutting Out 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had exactly same problem on Golf CL 1.8 last year, would run fine for 40 miles then cut out but restart after 30 secs , tried everything , turned out to be fuel pump in petrol tank!

David B.

0 0 0

8. Re: MK3 - Cutting Out 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Not disconnected the battery. Why?
    Disconnecting the battery loses the stored TB settings.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: MK3 - Cutting Out 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Disconnecting the battery loses the stored TB settings.

Hey crasher, just wondering if this could apply to my prob froma previous post (copied below) and also if I have a oil breather pipe on its way, should I repeat this step when I have replaced that.....

I thought it was unlikely to be tb, more likely that the garage I bought it from told porkies when they said they had replaced the crank sensor, as if i keep the revs way up (by left foot braking) then it wont stall, but the minute they start to drop down it gives up the ghost and dies

(btw i only did this to limp home... way too dangerous for normal use!!!)

cheers jaybee

The woes, the woes,

Methinks that at some stage on the AGG assembly line in deepest darkest Germany Helmut's missus vas sleepink vit the zoopervisor und he decided to get his rewenge on all the poor saps who would buy these piece of sh!tz engines he vas buildink!!

To recap

3 Months ago stopped halfway through a 300 mile journey, car never started again, had it towed to local garage, spent two days trying to find what was wrong, finally started, he had done nothing to it so he charge me very little as he couldn'y say what was wrong!

Much tearing out of hair, had a shoofty on here, replaced relay no 30 (ecu)

All good, not a bother from then 'till on motorway on ramp at rush hour

foot down up to about 65, then nada, just like everyone else on here, waited 15 mins, theh she started up, managed to limp home by every time it stalled dumping the clutch as if I was getting a push start, and left foot braking the rest of the time to keep the foot on the throttle(if the revs are kept above 2000 she wont stall) hair raising stuff I tell you!!

Have cleaned the throtlte body, and have a new oil breather pipe en route, will also order a 167 Fuel Pump Relay.

The car has a new dizzy in it, and when I bought it 6 months ago the guy told me it'd just had a new Crankshaft Position sensor in it.

I'm going to trade it in soon, but I want it to be running for when I do, I can't afford to ever get stranded again as it cost me work (anyone had any experience with the Audi a3 tdi quattro...)

Meanwhile, does anyone know if it is normal for a relay to get warm when the car is running....??

My new no.30 (which is the grey made in germany one) is always warm when I feel it after stalling...

If this is normal I can get on with the other stuff, if not I need to find out why it's getting warm

Best of luck to all you 97 git (sic) owners out there may you never encounter this problem!!

0 0 0

10. Re: MK3 - Cutting Out 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    What is the problem with your car? I can't make head nor tail of that.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast