1. 2.7t upgrades 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, i am getting my a6 remapped very soon and intend to upgrade a few bits first, air flow, spark,oil etc..and would be very grateful of any do,s and dont,s you are aware of.And of course any recommendations and endorsements..thanks guys..mat

0 0 0

2. Re: 2.7t upgrades 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by riddick View Post
    Hi all, i am getting my a6 remapped very soon and intend to upgrade a few bits first, air flow, spark,oil etc..and would be very grateful of any do,s and dont,s you are aware of.And of course any recommendations and endorsements..thanks guys..mat
    Best way is to choose your remap company first, and ask them.

They will know what suits their system
    2007 Audi A6 3.0 TDi quattro S line manual saloon
    1975 Rover P6 4000S 5 speed

Time flies like an arrow
    Fruit flies like a banana

0 0 0

3. Re: 2.7t upgrades 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What year A6 do you have?

0 0 0

4. Re: 2.7t upgrades 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its a 1999 v reg 230 bhp. I would like to know what type of air filter and plugs and oil would suit before i get a re map. thanks.
    Audi do that?

0 0 0

5. Re: 2.7t upgrades 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the same car and have been looking into doing the same over the last month. All I can tell you is what I have decided on after my research. Most of my advice comes from a mate with a 450+bhp S4 and my own research.

I have just replaced the DVs with Forge items, seems to have sharpened up the response and only took 30 mins to fit.

The exhaust on our cars is very restrictive and I cannot find a UK supplier for the Miltek system, which suites the 230 model with the down turn pipes at the rear. MIJ Performance are making me a custom stainless catback system to handle more performance than I can afford to create. The pre-cats are not required for emissions, so I shall be loosing these as well, can't afford to upgrade the main cats at the moment. Messing with the Turbos or manifold is an engine out job, so passing on that for now too.

There are plenty of remap options out there such as APR, Revo and the like, but I am going for a full custom remap by MRC in Banbury to take full advantage the better breathing created by the exhaust. They'll tailor the map to your driving style, no point in having maximum BHP at 6000 RPM if mid range torque is what your after.

All filters & plugs will remain genuine Audi items, along with standard spec fully synthetic oil.

Any comments or feedback would be much appreciated as these are only my opinions.
    (wow, that was a lengthy first post)

0 0 0

6. Re: 2.7t upgrades 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thankyou for the info, i have also been busy researching the car and available upgrades, with interesting results...i have stuck with the standard plugs, BMC panel filter and will be changing oil shortly.
    I have been looking into cat back systems aswell, and am not sure if it will make much difference without sports cats, which are bloody expensive!! You say dv,s as if there are more than one? can you explain please.Also are there many changes between your friends s4 and our engine or is it just larger turbo and more boost, can we upgrade with any s4 or rs6 parts?
    thanks again for the info, i dont think many on this forum are into upgrading!!
    Audi do that?

0 0 0

7. Re: 2.7t upgrades 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mates S4 is seriously modified, but retains standard engine.
    http://mez.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=210

Doug at MRC is really helpful, they only really deal with the 2.7t. His advice was that the whole exhaust system on the early A6 is really restrictive. His recomendation was to lose the front cats or to do the whole exhaust before tuning. Told me without the cats, he'd be very disappointed to not acheive 300+ from it, more if both were done.

MIJ suggested to lose the second cats and do exhaust, but thats because the front ones are a real pain to do, also they are a bit more generic in terms of the cars they deal with.

Two Divertor Valves are located under the triangle engine cover, one each side for each turbo. Got mine from Awesome GTI for about £80 eac.

MRC aint cheap at £500 for the tune, but from what I can tell this will be far better than someone sticking a generic remap on it.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2.7t upgrades 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ahhh diverter valve, thought you were saying dump valve.im off to chipped uk in april for my remap, they had an offer on this site which may have some space left..rolling road,remap and another rolling road for 250 quid..bargain..and they have done many 2.7s b4 with custom remaps.Thanks for the exhaust info,so second cats removed will not change emmisions for mot?
    new question, have you looked into changing the rear valance so you can have non downward facing pipes?
    Audi do that?

0 0 0

9. Re: 2.7t upgrades 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ahhh diverter valve, thought you were saying dump valve.im off to chipped uk in april for my remap, they had an offer on this site which may have some space left..rolling road,remap and another rolling road for 250 quid..bargain..and they have done many 2.7s b4 with custom remaps.Thanks for the exhaust info,so second cats removed will not change emmisions for mot?
    new question, have you looked into changing the rear valance so you can have non downward facing pipes?
    The later A6 2.7's were fitted with straight out pipes, as on my car - http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/photopo...8&limit=recent

The turbos on the S4 (old V6 version) are the same as the ones on the A6 - I am sure they are anyway. The S4 had 265bhp and was set up for the A4 driver.

If you went for the A6 2.7T (same engine) it was detuned to 230bhp (Later 250 bhp) and gave a different usage as the average A6 driver just wants to waft about and liked to have a lot of low down power for overtaking.

In other words the cars were set up differently to suit their market.

The turbos on the RS4 are bigger and that produced in standard stock 380bhp. This was the S4 after Cosworth got their hands on it. You can fit the larger RS4 turbos to the A6, just be careful you don't cause too much turbo lag.
    2007 Audi A6 3.0 TDi quattro S line manual saloon
    1975 Rover P6 4000S 5 speed

Time flies like an arrow
    Fruit flies like a banana

0 0 0

10. Re: 2.7t upgrades 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you may have straight out pipes but i dont!! i have a strip of parking sensors on my valance. Are you saying that your valance will fit my saloon? will i lose the parking sensors?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast