2. Re: Passat comfort control module harness repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Many thanks for this link redman. Just used it to solve a central locking problem on my 99 passat. For the last few months the central locking has not worked (except on the boot) and the passanger rear door has been deadlocked shut. I pulled out the CCM (found it was dry) and examined the wiring loom. Some of the connectors were quite corroded but one bundle of blue and red stripped wires was so badly corroded that they had fallen apart. After reconnecting the 6 wires the central locking works and the previously deadlocked door opened. Electric mirrors have also started working again. Only took about 1/2 hour. Cheers.

0 0 0

3. Re: Passat comfort control module harness repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad to have helped.

0 0 0

4. Re: Passat comfort control module harness repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Moderators,

can this be put into the "How To" Guides - Vehicle Related forum?

Very useful guide

Nothing to see here, move along..

0 0 0

5. Re: Passat comfort control module harness repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used this guide today after finding a perished pollen filter housing and then discovering a slight damp area in passenger footwell...
    The car had been running poorly and the temperature readings were -10 degrees which improved on driving but soon dropped down again, then the dreaded alarm for no reason after locking
    Under the carpet and sound-proofing the slight damp proved to be like the Gangees had burst it's banks and I felt like David Bellamy (unshaven and rumaging through swamp)
    Now after drying out as best I could within the timescale (before missus flapped about going to gym) the temp readings are now okay but the car is still driving like it has no power and it's returning around 10mpg less
    Help!!!

0 0 0

6. Re: Passat comfort control module harness repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you opened the CCU box to make sure it's all dry inside? If you have the possibility, leave the carpet up for several days and the windows open (use a piece of wood or something similar) - the soundproofing or whatever it is seems to soak up and hold water like a sodding tampon...

0 0 0

7. Re: Passat comfort control module harness repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiup View Post
    Have you opened the CCU box to make sure it's all dry inside? If you have the possibility, leave the carpet up for several days and the windows open (use a piece of wood or something similar) - the soundproofing or whatever it is seems to soak up and hold water like a sodding tampon...
    Thanks for the reply sergiup... I have left the carpet up and its propped up in the middle with a mug to allow circulation. That soundproofing/loft insulation stuff is pure evil was thinking tampon myself then youngest wee'd in his nappy and I knew where I'd seen something as absorbant!
    The CCU black outer case was dripping outside and in but the internal housing seemed to have virtually done it's job with only one small drop on the PCB, I have stuck the outer casing in a plastic bag to add a tiny bit more water resistance, BUT I probably didn't give it long enough to dry properly so will take it out again and bang it next to the hot water tank.

0 0 0

8. Re: Passat comfort control module harness repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi , old thread same old vw problem.
    Ive a vw Passat b5.5 3b3 1.9tdi. I have resealed the pollen filter housing and replaced the flooded ccm unit with a clean used one. Please can somebody point me in the direction of a decent control module wiring diagram. Some wires are badly corroded. I am not sure of the correct wiring from the two loom plugs into the ccm. I have connected 4 the same colour into two from the ccm to get the windows working. If i disturb them the windows don't work. A quick twiddle and the fronts work perfectly including one touch and tbe rear ones work but the one touch feature no longer works. The main problem is vcds shows can bus errors all over the place. I know there is a basic can bus wiring on the ccm and passenger side loom but need help

Ps are the main loom cables .5mm or 1mm as i am thinking of replacing sections at a time

Any help gratefully received

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Passat comfort control module harness repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I can do this on Tuesday if no one else helps first. The terminals are difficult to buy as VAG prefer to sell their yellow repair wires

I buy the terminals from Wurth. The most common failure is the so called “welded” connection of the multiple red/black main power supply.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Passat comfort control module harness repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers, my notifications are screwed up and ive only just seen this. I'll have a loom at the welded joints later this week. Vat I'd in the garage having front suspension arms, anti roll bar bushes etc. Plus fitting a different bumper as i left mine wrapped around two concrete posts that were laying in the grass at work 1

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

0 0 0