1. Re: R8 vs Ferrari 430 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sure there was something in Jan. TG mag. Don't know for sure the answer.
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

2. Re: R8 vs Ferrari 430 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcb a3 View Post
    audi will need less servicing and wont melt in the rain!
    lol audi 4 life

0 0 0

3. Re: R8 vs Ferrari 430 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wt888 View Post
    Has anyone driven both the R8 and Ferrari 430? How do the two compare ?
    I own an r8 and tested a 430 extensively when I was looking to replace my 997 turbo.
    I ended up buying the r8 for several reasons,but here are my thoughts on the two.

To get in and drive the 430 is the more exciting car.The steering is scalpel sharp,the engine is ferocious and sounds utterly amazing.
    But the ferrari is a car to keep in the garage and take out once a week on a blast.It is extremely expensive to run ..the audi is very cheap for this sort of car...I have had mine 2 years and the only cost (aside from the milltek I fitted) is a service £400 and 2 tyres( due to punctures not wear).A ferrari of any sorts for 2 years would cost maybe £3-4k.
    The audi handles better,and I prefer the steering.The audi is built better and gets a better reaction than a ferrari (whilst driving the ferrari I got 2 ****** signs in an 1hr and 1/2 test drive.The audi only gets positive reaction.
    I use the r8 every single day ...and the reliability has been exceptional.I have prior to the r8 run a 997c2s,an m6 and a 997 turbo all of which had major problems (the 997 turbo I made porsche buy back off me..in 1 year of ownership it was off the road for 3/4 of the time)
    The ferrari is more special to drive,but I wanted a car to use everyday....the r8 matches the porsche 997s at being the only supercar you can use every day.
    The audi is just magnificent ...and on many tests has lapped various racetracks faster than the 430.
    I drove another 430 recently and when I got back into the r8 I felt happy that I had made the right choice.
    Of course there is brand snobbery to take into account,but taking evrything into account the audi is the better car.
    TBH I am looking possibly to replace the r8 ,but having driven pretty much everything recently (lambos,maserati,the new 997s ) and have not found anything I prefer to the r8,so I will keep the r8 for another year or two and possibly chip it...the milltekand chip will give it about 450bhp which equates to a power to weight of 300bhp/ton which is serious performance..

2 0 0

4. Re: R8 vs Ferrari 430 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Excellent write up and opinion Franki.
    I believe you summed the Ferrari vs R8 to a Tee

I would buy the Ferrari everytime but as you said it would always be a toy for the weekend. The R8 I am sure is a very usable and a superb unique car.

Anyway back to reality and a VW Passat
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

5. Re: R8 vs Ferrari 430 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have the pleasure ov driving r8's (v8 and v10) all i will say is i done a red letter day and drove a 430 it was imense but i preffer the v10 r8 as it is as quick better inside and ferrari =mid life crisis i can pick faults in both but not as many in the r8 but in all fairness the ferrari give alot more feedback through steering but is not as forgiving both awsome cars either i would own but to pay my own money i would have a 977turbo

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123