Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there all.

This is my 1st post so please bear with me.

Upgraded from golf to an A4 1.9 tdi multitronic.

I noticed a slight wheels spin judder while moving off. As my tyres were nearing the end of there lives, I got a new set chucked on. But the problem was still there.

Car has also hit 80k and was due for a gearbox oil change. As my service was 9k away thought I will get it done now. Went to the dealer to book the car in and spoke to technician and told him about the problem. Then I found about this common fault. The technician did say that 90% of the time the problem goes away with an oil change. He also informed me that a 7 plate clutch should fix it. Got the car back yesterday and the problem came back again today.

My car has full Audi history. Now I am wondering that if Audi will be willing to fix the problem as it’s a design fault and the cure is to upgrade the part. Should I go to the garage and speak to them or should I contact Audi UK direct. It’s a design fault and I don’t understand why there never done a recall.

I hope I have one thing in my favour my brother has placed the deposit down on an Audi R8 diesel and I hope there auto box don’t have the same problem.

Any ideas where should start perusing this matter? Dealer or Audi UK. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: Multitronic issues 
    lent Guest
    Hi, My car had the juddering and clutch slipping symptoms and after a bit of haggling with the dealer I bought the car from I ended up paying half of th bill (£530.00) for a 7 plate cluth conversion.

This has been in for around a month now and all seem fine (touch-wood).

If you search through the posts, you will see my and other saga's related to this gearbox,

I must say that now it's fixed I love the car. (2.5tdi 03 72000)

Good luck

Len.

0 0 0

3. Re: Multitronic issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi!

As Len says - search these boards for the similar tales of woe!

I found this site about 6 months ago and it helped me. There are quite a few of us on here with the same problem - there are others on the A6 board as well.

I don't know how to direct you to the posts (not computer literate!) but if you search "multitronic" or "automatic" you should get some results.

Good Luck!
    Max

0 0 0

4. Re: Multitronic issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi!

just with a update audi uk are willing to contribute 50% towards the cost of 7 plate conversion. 40% for the car service history and 10% for the booking of the r8 that i have.

Still not happy as a design fault with audi. so told them its not good enough.
    so the audi dealer is going to talk to audi uk again

woould update u guys

0 0 0