Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could anyone help me with this please?

The heated mirror on the driver's side of my 1999 A3 has stopped working. The passenger side mirror still works properly.

Since the passenger side mirror still works, I assume the mirror glass/heating element on the driver's side needs replacing. Does anyone know how easy this would be to do?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    0 0 0

2. Re: Heated mirror replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Had a similar issue on my A6, but haven't resolved it as yet (would have been a good idea when it was minus 6 this morning). From what I understand though (and assuming that your fuses are all good) if you take the mirror housing off (screws on the bottom of the mirror, probably corroded as they get all the muck off the road) you should be able to test the wiring there. If you do need new mirror (assuming the heating element isn't working) you can get them off eBay for about £20, have had no reports on them though as to how good or bad they are, assume they are all good.

Best of luck
    0 0 0

3. Thumbs up Re: Heated mirror replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for this. I removed the mirror housing, but this did not allow me access to the wiring. However, it did enable me to remove the mirror by pushing it from behind. It is connected with two simply wires, both of which were in place. I bought a new mirror and installed it. Took about five minutes - and is now working perfectly.
    0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Faulty vw heated door mirror
    By jmoon in forum Golf MK5 - 2004 - 2009
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-02-2008, 04:12 PM
  2. Heated mirror not heating...
    By opsw in forum Audi A4 - B5 Forum - 1995 - 2002
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-11-2007, 11:25 PM
  3. A6 Heated Door mirror doesn't
    By audinut in forum A6 - S6 - RS6 - - Archive Topics