1. Water in rear passenger foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    2002 130TDI 2002 Estate. I appear to get water in the rear passenger foot well after using the Air-con. It has been suggested that this is a dislodged A/C drain pipe form the the condensor drip tray but I am unable to trace exactly where that is. Can someone detail for me where that pipe is or suggest other potential causes for this water ingress. The plenum chamber is clear and the sunroof drain holes are clear. It does appear to be associated to the A/C. Regards Peter

0 0 0

2. Re: Water in rear passenger foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi The drain hole is situated on the bulkhead just above the gearbox.BUT if the water was coming from there, then the front foot well would also be wet.If it is only the rear foot well that is wet then i would be looking else where for the leakkage

0 0 0

3. Re: Water in rear passenger foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It happened to me in France three years ago. The mpg went up to around 130mpg on my computer so my daughter rang VW in gloucester for me.
    They told me that some drain pipe may have been displaced and use the aircon sparingly until we got home. They took the car in and did the job the same day.
    Perhaps the VW buffs here could shed some light on that and give you more detail than me.

0 0 0

4. Re: Water in rear passenger foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you checked the rear washer (if an estate) is working cause i have known pipes to split and water run into rear footwell just a thought!!!!!!

0 0 0

5. Re: Water in rear passenger foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Where does the pipe run, is it in the had lining or in the floor duct. Regards Peter

0 0 0

6. Re: Water in rear passenger foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi pete i think they go through the tailgate rubber on the left hand side looking at the rear ..run along the head lining if split they leak into rear footwell passengerside cheers jay

0 0 0