Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi!

Currently all sorts of trucks are overtaking me on the motorways and getting up to my final speed of 75!!!!mph downhill is taking ages.
    Basically my car has lost its acceleration and top speed.
    The car has done 145,000 miles now, is a red TDI and has therefore 110bhp. I have put injector cleaner in my car three times now (double of what suggested on the bottle) and exchanged the diesel filter.
    Onset of acceleration loss and speed was more or less instantly (within two days or 140 miles). There is no smoke coming out of my car, the temperature is constistant and as usual and the engine does neither cut out nor has difficulties to start.
    I am wondering could it be:
    - Injectors ruined?
    - Air filter blocked?
    - Turbo gone?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Jacqueline

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mass Airtflow Meter. To replace it takes 15 min. Get a genuine one as cheaper ones are known to fail early...

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thats the symtoms mine had, when I changed the air mass meter it instantly went back to normal, I have a non standard MAF on my car which works well, but i think if i was going to purchase another I would buy a genuine one. I did read that one person actully bought one from VW cheaper than GSF so worth getting quotes.

Rob

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. power loss
    By john grout in forum Passat - Archive Topics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 21-01-2008, 01:14 PM
  2. 1.9 TDi loss of power
    By richiebarthez in forum Audi A3 - Archive Topics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-11-2007, 12:17 AM