1. A4 TDi - glow plug light flashing, will not rev up past idle speed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any ideas chaps, went to collect my A4 tonight, started it up OK, drove it 20yds, stopped it. When I went back to it, it started up fine but the throttle pedal did absolutely nothing at all, refused to rev up. Then the glow plug light started to flash.

Luckily, the guy I bought it off gave me my cash back.

Anyone have an idea what it could be? I am new to these vehicles.

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 TDi - glow plug light flashing, will not rev up past idle speed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a check engine indication due to a faulty glow plug 2. The engine will not rev past 3000 rpm. I expect to resolve this with a new glow plug.

0 0 0

3. Re: A4 TDi - glow plug light flashing, will not rev up past idle speed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    it sounds like a glow plug has failed and put it into limp mode..

On the first post of the thread i would advise you get the fault codes read with VAG-COM.

Loads of our members have vag com, so i would recommend you up date your location and place a post in the chat about cars section..

Im in West Yorkshire, - if thats any help to you?

Rick

0 0 0

4. Re: A4 TDi - glow plug light flashing, will not rev up past idle speed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for the comment. I just read and reset two OBD codes. A P0234, engine overboost and the P0672 for glow plug 2. Last winter I replaced glow plug 3 but I do not remember any operation restrictions. The vehicle has over 95,000 miles. I need to invest in a $18 glow plug.

0 0 0

5. Re: A4 TDi - glow plug light flashing, will not rev up past idle speed 
    doubtingt Guest
    may not have anything to do with glow plug since the the caution came on 4 me after driving 4 10min (why would glow plugs activate during engine run?); check ur brake lights and/or brake switch; VW has a recall on the brake switch; somehow it's tied to this fault in the ECM.

good luck.

0 0 0

6. Smile Re: A4 TDi - glow plug light flashing, will not rev up past idle speed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah my golf tdi had a flashing glowplug warning light and it was tied to a brakelight fault, both brakelights stopped working and the glowplug light flashed on and off, i just changed both rear brake light bulbs, nothing else, and the fault disappeared. can't explain it.

0 0 0