1. Hello from a newbie! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a quick hello, made my way here from SeatCupra.net.

Currently thinking about a change to the new MKV GTI Golf, I'm sure there are owners on here, are they as good as the magazines, TG etc all tell us?

I'm hoping to arrange a test drive in the next few days, will post my own comments then! I hope to notice a significant improvement over my current 2002 Leon Cupra!

Congrats on a great site BTW!

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Hi

Thanks for joining, and your comments.

I also own a Leon Cupra, mine was the first 2003 in the country...been a good car to yet.

The only details I have on the new GTi are from the VAG press pack/realeases which I get, which I have put on this site. Not sure if you have seen it? you can find it here if not: https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=206

It would be great if you could post your comments on the new GTi on here, may make good reading from a personal view, as they say.

I look forward to reading it.

Thanks

Stuart
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the welcome, Stuart.

I have been on SCN for a while now but I think its time for a change of car, was thinking about the Leon CupraR but the GTI seems to be a really good option.

I've sat in one in a showroom and the driving position and finish quality are first class, its how it drives though that I am most interested in. For sure I will put up my opinions when I do get a test drive.

The Leon is a great car too, I had an Ibiza Cupra before this also and really enjoyed it.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi rega3, welcome to the site. I've not heard a bad review about the mk5 GTi yet, it is supposed to be a very very nice car in every way, although I've heard recently that they have had a recall already though, something to do with the bolt that holds the gear on the oil pump not torqued correctly on some of the cars. If you get one let us know how you get on, I saw one in the flesh the other day and it looked fantastic.
    [
    '91 MK1 Golf Rivage cab
    '71 T2 bay window camper

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Gibby for the welcome.

I'm hoping to take one out on test during the week and if I can get a good trade in on my Leon will be seriously considering it.

I don't use a car to get to work so it will almost be a weekend car, it has all the required features I need plus it is a brand new shape and as a result should hold its value well, I think.

Will post again when I've been out in it.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    rega3, when you get one I would like to know what options you went for and if they were worth the extra
    [
    '91 MK1 Golf Rivage cab
    '71 T2 bay window camper

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Gibby, I am in Ireland and believe it or not, the standard 5 dr with the DSG box is pretty close to the equivalent of Ł25k, and that is without Climatronic or alarm! but does include a sunroof , don't ask me why?

Either way I will have a test drive but the only extras I would consider are air-con and maybe the driver arm rest but that would be it. The DSG box is meant to be worth the money, but believe it or not I am told the only car with this fitted is the press demo car so will have to join the queue to try that.

I do like the look of the car though, think it looks suitably understated, just like my Leon.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    If I remeber correct, I don't think it is much cheaper if you import from the UK mainland is it? I used to deal with a chap from Southern Ireland on the parts side, and I am led to belive the import duty is a fortune.

Could always try importing from Germany I suppose.....

Stuart
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We pay an extra 25-30% because of Vehicle Registration Tax on the full price over here

The DSG box is cheaper here though, don't know why, about 1500 euros against 2000 in the UK.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good to hear about the What Car Award too!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast