1. Thumbs down New A4 Xenon headlamps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I forgot about the sections for specific models and put this in the general section:

"Pls note that the Xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights that are advertised on p. 33 of the downloadable catalogue (PDF 4) are NOT going to be available on the SE. Mention of them in the PDF is a mistake.

According to Audi Customer Service yesterday, they are only going to be available on the S line, which will be available to order in the Spring (date not specified).

I don't know what you get extra with the S line (I have a 2005 2.0 SE TDI) so I may be wrong, but I got the impression that the S line is more for 'boy racers'.

I want another SE but am not happy with the headlamps, so thought I would order a new one with the Xenon.

As they are available in Germany on the non-S line model it seems illogical not to make them available on the equivalent model in the UK.

I have contacted Germany and will let you know what I find out."

I had 2 replies, that I answered. They can be viewed in the general cars section.

0 0 0

2. Re: New A4 Xenon headlamps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Moptisam, I've had the same issue. My new A4 2.0 TDI is ordered but have been unable to order the xenons with LED DRLs. In fact since the original order was placed at the end of October it's been revised 4 times....

Have you seen any images of what the standard headlights look like? All images on all Audi sites still shows he LEDs.

Also, any idea when the new model is due to appear in UK showrooms??

Thanks.

0 0 0

3. Re: New A4 Xenon headlamps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Cant answer all of your questions, but I believe that the 23rd Feb is the date. As I am pre-registered with Audi to look at one, they have written and told me that showroom launch is 23rd.

Hope it helps.

Bloater

0 0 0

4. Re: New A4 Xenon headlamps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had the same information. I'm ordering one as a company car, and the Xenons don't appear on the options list. Also, Lincoln Audi gave me the same info - S-line only.

They're not on Audi's online configurator either. Shame.

0 0 0

5. Re: New A4 Xenon headlamps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As bloater said the official launch is the 23rd of this month, though a left-hand drive model is being taken around the country. Bradford Audi tell me it's with them this weekend.

I haven't ordered yet. I am waiting for an answer from Germany (I wrote to them in German so they can't just send my message back to the UK). I think it's all a ****-up by Audi. They have announced that their aim with the new A4 is to overtake BMW and Mercedes, so why take such an illogical decision re the DRLs and the Xenons (especially as the latter cost a pricey 775 extra) and both are safety features?

I have just looked at the PDF (no. 4) on the Audi web-site. It still (8 days after Audi says the two mentions should not be there) says the DRLs are standard across the range (p. 7) and Xenons are options on the SE (p. 33).

One dealer I have spoken to even sounds embarrassed on the phone. I asked why can’t Audi give the customer information they can stick to.

Bloater, if they have changed the spec, you must (check with Trading Standards) have a right to cancel. That is what I would do, then reorder when they have a spec they will stick to. It may just spur them into action.

I would also tell all the motoring press of the **** up. I have already contacted a few motoring mags telling them that the info on the Audi web-site PDF about the DRLs and xenons is wrong.

The cars seem to be well-engineered and finished to a high standard. Why can’t the information?

0 0 0

6. Re: New A4 Xenon headlamps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry Vinnyg. I meant you instead of Bloater when I talked about the changes in the car you have ordered.

And no, I don't know what the standard headlamps look like. Sorry I didn't answer that question.

I'll have to get up when I am awake and not at 5 in the morning.

Yours, going back to bed!

0 0 0

7. Re: New A4 Xenon headlamps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The left hooker was in Lincoln this week

Looks very nice in Lava Grey. It's a bit of an oddity however, as it is a non SE spec, which they have in Europe but will not be available at UK launch. The only non-standard extras I could see on the car were what looked like sports seats.

0 0 0

8. Re: New A4 Xenon headlamps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To add lack of joined-up thinking to their other accomplishments, Audi have just sent me (letter dated yesterday) a catalogue for the new A4 with the incorrect info in about DRLs and Xenon headlamps in.

Having worked in the printing supply industry I accept that the catalogues will have been printed some time ago but, as they identified (because I told them) the mistake a week ago, you would have thought they would have stopped the sending out of wrong information.

0 0 0

9. Re: New A4 Xenon headlamps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got a copy today also. The brochure is dated September 2007.

Well, the online pdf is October 2007, and that is still wrong. Poor form considering they are trying to flog £25,000+ cars

0 0 0

10. Re: New A4 Xenon headlamps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I recently placed an order for a new A4 SE 2.7 and originally thought (like everybody else it seems) that it could be specified with the xenons. I was later told that AUDI UK had decided that only the S-Line models will get them together with LEDs to provide ‘model differentiation’! I didn’t want this version of the car as I preferred mine to be more comfort orientated. I think that this is the only gripe I have but it seems strange that on a car of this value that you can’t specify them & AUDI are effectively making less profit on options!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast