Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks Crasher

will have all the pipes checked on tues, in regards to the temp sensor fault, wer is this located? gonna try and get one from vw tps 2marow and fit myself

do i need to be worried about the smoke?

im gutted i only recently bought this car and all these issues within the first month - my original thoughts were these cars were ultimately reliable, but im starting to have doubts now

i think my engine varience is ASZ are these known for any additional faults?

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: 2004 Bora 'Emissions Workshop' 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Very easy. The part number is 059 919 501 A and it is in a plastic water housing on the left of the engine above the gearbox. It is held into the housing by a plastic clip. Release the system pressure before removing the clip and the engine MUST be cold. The "O" ring is N 903 186 02.

i had the same faulty sensor on my car

i bought the green body sensor(the upgraded one as the one that came out was black body) from ebay-it was the genuine vw article and the car is back to normal

1 0 0

3. Re: 2004 Bora 'Emissions Workshop' 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i bought a coolant sensor today from vw tps - cost me 26 quid
    gonna fit it it tomarrow

regrding the boost leak, from reading about im guessing that there are a posiibility of three culprit pipes

1 - inlet to intercooler from air intake?
    2- outlet of intercooler to egr?
    3 = a turbo pipe at the back of engine?

is this correct? bit confused where the turbo pipe behind engine is fed from any one got any pics or diagrams??

Appreciate the help

0 0 0

4. Re: 2004 Bora 'Emissions Workshop' 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You have a boost leak, a split or disconnected boost hose or split intercooler.
    i gave my car in today, the mechanic said the same thing - eigther a pipe or a intercooler split. ive left the car with him to check over thoroughly...

does anyone know the part number for a intercooler on a

2004 vw bora 1.9tdi 130bhp?

0 0 0

5. Re: 2004 Bora 'Emissions Workshop' 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shak-b6 View Post
    ... does anyone know the part number for a intercooler on a 2004 vw bora 1.9tdi 130bhp?
    Shak,

An intercooler (charge air cooler) for a 2004 ASZ (130) Bora has part number;

1J0.145.803.M

Unless the intercooler was physically damaged (i.e. very worn seal clips, or suffered a collision), I would not expect the intercooler to be faulty.

Your problem does sound like a pressure hose/seal boost leak, possibly from;

1) Air box to turbo compressor input
    2) Turbo compressor output to intercoooler
    3) Intercooler boost seals
    4) Intercooler to intake manifold/EGR

The intercooler boost seals are attached by clips that are susceptible to wearing and coming loose.

Since an new (Valeo ?) intercooler will be around £200 minimum, pressure hose/seal leaks are financially preferable to the intercooler .

The Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS), can be found on the gearbox side of the engine, beneath the Tandem (Fuel/Vacuum) pump.
    Ensure the engine is cold before starting. Prise the retaining clip downwards, remove the old CTS and its corresponding O ring (if it wasn't removed with the CTS).
    Replace with a new O ring and CTS, and replace retaining clip.

If the new CTS doesn't push in/sit properly, this is likely to be due to not having removed the old O ring.

You are likely to lose some G12 coolant, so be prepared with a freshly diluted (50% G12, 50% water) supply.

1 0 0

6. Re: 2004 Bora 'Emissions Workshop' 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks tornadored7

Grateful for your advise m8, dropped my car to the garage yest, the mechanic
    Did say he was definately going to check it today- the only reason i was asking bout the cooler was he said if the pipes were ok most likely will be the intercooler. I will be going to the garage after work and will update you with wot he says..

I really hope it is a pipe, havnt got alot of money to play wid at the moment.
    Hats off to all you guys on here with some of the best advise ive had
    Thanks again

0 0 0

7. Re: 2004 Bora 'Emissions Workshop' 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    guys

got my car back yest, it turned out my intercooler seals were leaking quite badly.
    the intercooler sides were full of oil - after a new intercooler, and a coolant temp sensor my car is driving alot better - the smoke has gone and my car pulls alot stronger now.

******** quoted me 263 quid for a intercooler, a valeo

**TOP TIP**GREAT SAVING****

i managed to get the same cooler from gsf doing a pricematch with eurocarparts for 163 squid.. they originally quoted just over 200

key is you simply tell em you have seen one on internet for 160

still not got good economy - getting between 26 - 30 mpg round town

thanks to all
    Last edited by shak-b6; 16-11-2010 at 04:02 PM.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2004 Bora 'Emissions Workshop' 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Don’t you feel that what you are advising there is wrong or is it just me?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    If the company is stupid enough to play the game......
    I personally sick of trade companies that I spend £3000 a month, sometimes more, to get full trade discount and then Joe DIY Blogs rings and gets it a pound cheaper ! AGHHHH.
    Rant over !

0 0 0

10. Re: 2004 Bora 'Emissions Workshop' 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont take this the wrong way guys, im just helping the people helping me, if i could save 100 quid off a part i know people on here may need/buy - i feel i should pass the saving advise on - i think its ridiculous the extra amount a working class guy like my self has to pay compared to the "DIY JOE BLOGGS" down the road who has a shed with some jacks and axle stands who calls him self a trader and a professional mechanic who can get the part 100 quid cheaper than i can.

there's nothing wrong with passing on saving advise to the right people - i feel some of the guys like you crasher i can share and help wherever i can.. cos your doing the same for me

any 1 else reading this thread? wot do you think? .... i could easily remove it
    if more feel this way bout the post?

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast