1. Question DLR LED Project on A4 B6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's probably been a year since I last posted my first DLR related query ... there was pin drop silence. I have gone and done a rather impulsive thing and ordered myself some LED lights from some ebay related store ... thinking they would be a relatively easy fit but now on closer inspection I think I'm in for some costly custom fit work to the front bumper assembly. If anyone else has already installed these particular ones some heads up would be nice please.

Alternatively, watch this space as I am determined to get them fitted in some how without having to sell my house to fund it !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-AUDI-S6-V1...sid=p1638.m122

They say they will go into an assortment of cars ... but they never really tell you how much work its going to be.

0 0 0

2. Re: DLR LED Project on A4 B6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would be very interested to see how you get on with fitting these. I had toyed with the idea but mine has the S-Line GmBH bodykit and there doesn't seem to be much space between the top of the foglight and the bumper itself, plus a lot of hacking of plastic would be required.

0 0 0

3. Re: DLR LED Project on A4 B6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have also thought about gettin some LED's although I originally thought about replacing the whole headlight with a R8/A5 style one but I havnt been able to find anywhere that makes them for the A4 yet. Have never really thought about putting them in the bumper but I think there is just enough room under the actual foglights.. - mine also has the GMBH kit.

A while back I bought some angel eyes for it, but sent them back cos they just didnt look right....and having seen the S6/R8/A5 LED's there's no comparison as to which I'd choose now!.... LED's by a mile!

0 0 0

4. Re: DLR LED Project on A4 B6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have seen some S6 ones fitted to Golf R32s - some above, some below the foglights. I still think they look better above the fogs but it might not be an option on the A4.

0 0 0

5. Re: DLR LED Project on A4 B6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I did go see a workshop about this today. Granted it does look a spot of custom work. The way I see it - currently my front bumper does need replacing since one of my office colleagues decided to back into me - duh. So for my that front bumper is for the chop and if it goes wrong, Mister Insurance will replace it at some later stage. Ideally I do not want the front of the car to look so drastically different so if I can get them below my fog lights then great - if not, they guy said the fog lights would have to come out when the DLRs go in. But then I wasn't too happy about not having any fog lights. Well lets see how it goes ... I will go back later this week for another chat with their bodyshop guy.

There is a guy on ebay selling R8 style LEDS - basically bunched together and you have to rip your headlight apart to slot them all in ... just sounded like too much work. Not sure if anyone is going to be put in the build costs to design and make ready R8 style lights for the B6 but you never know. The New A4 2008 model with also have them.
    Bishy

0 0 0

6. Re: DLR LED Project on A4 B6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was thinking of getting new headlight lenses for mine and adding some strip LEDs inside the headlight at the same time; this was until I discovered a pair of headlight lenses would be about £100!!

0 0 0

7. Re: DLR LED Project on A4 B6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, i found something similar on ebay... LED light strips.. they dont look too bad either!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-S6-R8-S5-...QQcmdZViewItem

0 0 0

8. Wink Re: DLR LED Project on A4 B6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I did see those on Ebay also ... my only concern was that he was auctioning them to the highest price and to be honest if you go to a reputable LED supplier such as:
    http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/water-proof-strip-cool-white-p-1037.html
    You basically need ones which will withstand water and weather contact. I spoke to the chap running this site - they will soon be in a position to supply the necessary kit and it wont cost you anymore than £10-12 per light strip SORTED ! Only issue with them is that you need to just glue them on or use some other simpletons way of attaching them. I have seen An A3 with them on in London they did look nice.

Anyway back to the project at hand ... I spoke to the man whose going to fit my lights, next week the car will go in for a removal of the front bumper assembly and assessment of whether the bigger style LED strips will go in. It will be a custom job to cut them into the bumper so they sit nicely above the fog light grills ... it should be great assuming the initial bumper check goes Ok.
    Watch this space.
    Bishy

0 0 0

9. Re: DLR LED Project on A4 B6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I suppose the advantage of using the genuine ones as opposed to strips of LEDs is that the genuine ones are likely to be legal and the others won't.

0 0 0

10. Cool Re: DLR LED Project on A4 B6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, I have found another cheaper alternative to what I am currently working. They look good and if you were to buy 4 of them and pair them off 2 to each side could look quite nice;

http://germaniatec.via.cc/product_in...SAL-WHITE.html

My car is otherwise going into the workshop on Wednesday this week to see if if I have room for the bigger DLR's ... failing that I will probably get these ones installed.
    Bishy

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast