Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Multitronic issues

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Multitronic issues 
    lent Guest
    Hi all,
    This is my first post and I am also new to Audi's, My car is a 2003 A4 2.5 tdi with multitronic gearbox, first of all I would like to say that I love the car but after reading the various threads on these gearboxes I am getting a little nervous, I think my car is displaying the early symptoms of failure, basicaly when cruising at around 35-40 mph it feels as if the clutch is slipping for a fraction of a second and then returning to normal, it does this every minuite or so and only happens when the engine is warm.
    I also experience a slight judder between ratio's at low speed.

Any advice or suggested actions welcome.

By the way the car is still within the dealers 3 month warranty, but I am reluctant to return the car untill I have a bit more knowledge, the dealer is a general make dealer and I dont think would have the experience to understand the potential problem.

thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: Multitronic issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Lent,

The multitronic gearbox is a problem, as you will have picked up from the threads. My car is 2004 and had a new box fitted in december. I had judders, lurching forward, no selection of gears and power loss. Judders came first with slow gear selection. I'm not an expert just an owner but it sounds like the gearbox to me.

Audi are not admitting a problem but could, depending on milage of the vehicle contribute a % to repair.

From what I've read there are a varity of issues / fix's, ECU, Valve body, 7 plate clutch conversion. Whilst one or a combination of these may fix it it can be more expexpensive than a new gearbox, the only sure way of solving the problem. Either way its thousands, not hundreds to fix

Warranties generally only pay out on failure, not symptoms.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by The Glove; 13-01-2008 at 09:18 AM.

0 0 0

3. Re: Multitronic issues 
    lent Guest
    Hi,
    Not what I wanted to hear but it's what I expected, I will get on to the dealer on Monday and see what he says. fingers crossed.

I just got rid of my Discovery because of a suspected geabox fault,

fate I suppose.

Thanks, and I will post any developments

0 0 0

4. Re: Multitronic issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    HI m8 iv got the same probs with my A4 cabio 3.0 2003 only done 59.000 miles and judders on pull off i emailed audi uk telling them about it and that the problem was wide spreed and that they have sweeped it under the carpet.They phoned me up and asked me to take it to audi dealers so they can suss out the problem.Iv bought a secondhand gearbox from a car that had only done 7k it was in a back end crash so the gearbox was fine. Anyway If you have no joy and i do and my gearbox is fixed by audi and i don't need this gearbox and it fits your car i can sell it to you if you live in the uk keep us up dated.good luck .

0 0 0

5. Re: Multitronic issues 
    lent Guest
    Hi,
    Thanks for that, I will see what the dealer says on Monday then I will email Audi UK for their opinion, I am in the UK, Glossop near Manchester so I will keep the thread updated.
    Cheers.

0 0 0

6. Re: Multitronic issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,
    If you read any of my posts you will pick up that I bought my car from a non-franchised dealer - completely untied to Audi. Car had a warranty from an insurer. When problems occurred it was Audi who paid most - and the warranty company the rest (claimed by the person who sold me the car as it happened early after purchase).

Good luck with Audi - let us know how you get on.

Max

0 0 0

7. Re: Multitronic issues 
    lent Guest
    Hi,

Thanks for your comments, I have read most of your posts and I hope I can get the same result, unfortunatly, my car is nearly five years old with 70,000 on the clock so Audi may not be as sympathetic, we will have to see.
    It does have a full service history with the additional service items ticked at 43,000, which I take as being the atf oil change.

I am going to the dealers today to set the ball rolling, I will post back later with his response.

Cheers

0 0 0

8. Re: Multitronic issues 
    lent Guest
    Quick update,

Went to see the dealer, he wants me to take the car to his "man round the corner" to get his opinion, he is going to sort out one or two other issue while he's at it.

In the mean time I have contacted Inde-Tech for thier comments so I can go armed with some facts about this gearbox.

Will keep posting any news as I embark on this jouney into the unknown.

Cheers.

0 0 0

9. Re: Multitronic issues 
    lent Guest
    Hi all,

Sorry for the delay, I have been through a tough week with the car but I have just got it back from the garage and I must say in the 20 mile drive home it felt like a new car, I have not got a full report as yet but I'm assured it has had the 7 plate conversion done.

I have had to pay £530.00 as the warranty only covered the first £500 of any repair even though I've only had it 6 weeks, (Beware of warranties, read the small print)

I will run the car for a bit and report back.

Len.

0 0 0

10. Re: Multitronic issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hello

After my 7-plate-clutch conversion the car was exactly as you described .

It lasted 500 miles and 3 weeks before I decided that it wasn't my imagination and it was all happening again!

Back in for a valve body - £1500 approx. (90% paid by Audi).

Hope yours IS NOT the same!

Max

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast