1. Re: How economical is your Passat? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just filled up this morning on the motorway services with Shell fuel save diesel, £1.429/litre. I noticed Shell V Power diesel is now £1.509/litre !!!.

0 0 0

2. Re: How economical is your Passat? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I noticed regular Diesel was 1.46p in central west Wales on the 1st March!! this was just at normal garages and nothing special... I'm glad to be getting an average of 54 to the gallon at the moment..
    A4 Avant 2.0 TDI 170 S-line Exec - Aruba Blue, 18" alloys, Full Sline Drop, Full Leather, MMI Hi, Phone Prep High, AMI, DAB, Adaptive Lights, Folding Mirrors, Power Tailgate, Light & Storage Packs, Parking Plus, Auto Hold, Adaptive Cruise, Lane Assist, Heated Sports Seats with Memory, Rear Blinds, Privacy Glass, Rear Airbags, TPMS, Load Liner.

0 0 0

3. Re: How economical is your Passat? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Sheffield to Newquay - 48mpg (m5 was closed and had to take a massive diversion)
    Newquay to Sheffield - 44mpg (let's just say my avg speed was 77mph.... obviously faulty as you can't go above 70mph officer).

I get a pretty good mpg to be fair.
    Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TDI SE NAV DSG 4motion 195bhp (Stage 1 remap)

Sheffield, UK

0 0 0

4. Re: How economical is your Passat? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just gone from Portsmouth to St Michael's in Kent and back on approx quarter of tank. Covered 212 miles, which cost £24.00 to fill back up to full again.
    With the cost of fuel here at £1.369 per litre, I make that about 55 mpg (used mainly A / B roads and took things easy)
    My normal weekly use town with a bit of Motorway is approx 46pmg
    Must say that I am most impressed for a Auto (DSG)!
    2014 VW Golf GT 2.0TDi Bluemotion

0 0 0

5. Re: How economical is your Passat? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After 25k miles, it's now well and truly loosened off.
    with that, I'm now getting sub 45 MPG.
    Sure, I do cane it a little but it doesn't give me anywhere near what I would have expected.
    oh well....
    Passat 170 Sport Estate (landed with 9 miles on the clock! )
    TomTom with live updates
    M6 Toll Tag
    Dash Cam
    32gig media card...

0 0 0

6. Re: How economical is your Passat? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNN View Post
    After 25k miles, it's now well and truly loosened off.
    with that, I'm now getting sub 45 MPG.
    Sure, I do cane it a little but it doesn't give me anywhere near what I would have expected.
    oh well....

oh you docile sod... Sorry!

(wrong section)
    Passat 170 Sport Estate (landed with 9 miles on the clock! )
    TomTom with live updates
    M6 Toll Tag
    Dash Cam
    32gig media card...

0 0 0

7. Re: How economical is your Passat? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Gosh this is an old thread but not forgotten. Since the injector saga and subsequent change out I have enjoyed vastly improved MPG.

With 100K (nearly) on my B6 I have been going from Derby to Doncaster (50 miles) recently along that 50mph average speed camera stretch of the M1.

With the cruise control set to 55mph for the M1 bit (main part) I have been getting 62 mpg there and 56 mpg heading home.

Rather good considering what I used to get.

I wonder if the car being older helps!

Also I sit in 5th a lot as I think 6th gear doesn't feel right on some inclines at 50mph.
    Passat Estate R-Line 2.0 TDI BMT 150PS 6-speed Manual 5 Door
    09 Golf 1.6S (the wife's!)
    (Previously 07 Passat Estate 2.0 TDI 140 Sport)

0 0 0

8. Re: How economical is your Passat? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    re: fuel consumption.
    I get an average of 42 MPG for normal mixed driving or 50MPG on a long run. Passat 2007 manual 170 saloon.

0 0 0

9. Re: How economical is your Passat? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    40 - 42 around town on a good day, a bad day with lots of stop starts and low gear stuff 36, out on the open road mid fifties for a long journey on quiet roads, on one occasion I managed an unbelievable 60mpg on a 36 mile round trip from house to town and back, mind you the road has few bends and it was late at night and dead quiet so easy to keep a steady speed.. And it has nearly 200,000 miles on the speedo.

0 0 0

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516