1. Heater core replacement 93 passat VR6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all, I have a 1993 Passat VR6 GLS with A/C that needs a heater core. I have gone thue the threads and I can not find what I'm looking for. I found how to do it but I can not find the clips that hold the dash to the heater box and I do not want to brake them.

This is what I found,

This is a fairly big job! you have to remove centre consol inc gear knob. Remove all vents and the speedo, steering wheel. Screws for the centre dash are behind the vents.Be very careful when removing heater controls, these are very brittle and break easily Pull 2 plugs out of the ends of the dash where the door closes onto, you will find bolts. remove these from both ends. When you take consol from around gearstick you will see 2 brackets holding dash too, remove these bolts.When you go to pull out the dash be aware there are clips holding onto the heater box, these have to be removed from either side of heater box or they will break. once clear you can pull dash clear on passenger side, the heater box will still be attached to bulkhead. To remove heater box there are 2 nuts under the bonnet in the centre of the bulkhead, One at top of box and one at bottom, you may have to remove heal shields to get to these. There are more nuts on the passenger side bulkhead under the plastic rain cover under the bonnet, you should see the blower fan. disconnect heater hoses and heater box should pull out. The heater matrix is held in by 2 screws on top of the heater box, when removed the matrix slides up and out. Apart from a lot of swearing, breaking old plastic and water leaking everywhere, its not too bad.There was a factory recall on these for matrix leaking because there used to be a pressure relief valve in the system but they didnt work, later on people just lobbed this valve and put a piece of copper pipe in. Good Luck...

If any one can help me with this please do. The dealer wants $1000.00 + tax to do it Pictures would be nice but if someone can tell me that would work. I like the car but it's -20c here a bit to cold for me. LOL

Thanks
    0 0 0

2. Re: Heater core replacement 93 passat VR6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wow what a great site !!! no one even tryed to help, this site sucks. i did it my self and i found the clips and i'm not telling where they are!!!! so this is my last time writing or reading anything on this site. bye bye........
    0 0 0