Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Rejecting A4 Cab after string of problems..

1. Rejecting A4 Cab after string of problems.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello All

Whilst I was really looking forward to being an Audi owner, the "Vorsprung Durch Technik" expectation was never fulfilled and I now find myself in the position of contacting Audi to reject the vehicle. I don't know if others have had similar experience, but I paste below FYI. Am I in the minority or are there lots of similar examples out there?

Rgds
    Mike

"Prof. Dr. Martin Winterkorn, Audi Chief Executive
    Jeremy Hicks, Audi UK Head
    10 October 2006

Dear Sirs

After great deliberation and due diligence, I purchased an A4 Cabriolet 2.4 Sport Multitronic because of Audi's claim for quality, technical perfection and safety. Unfortunately after spending in excess of ?29,000 my A4 Cabriolet experience has not been as described.

With lost confidence in the car's reliability and safety, plus a catalogue of continuing problems (some of which took more than 6 months for Audi to acknowledge), I must now claim my rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

Owning an A4 Cabriolet that is not of `satisfactory quality' or `fit for purpose' has been a terrible and extremely stressful experience and I now request refund compensation.

A4 Cabriolet 2.4 Sport Multitronic
    Chassis Number: removed

§ Steering Column Replaced
    § Power Steering Reservoir Replaced
    § Multitronic Gearbox Replaced
    § Storage Hood Replaced
    § Leaking Door Seal Repaired
    § Air Conditioning Faulty
    § Acoustic Parking System "Blind Spot" Faulty
    § Airbag Wiring Replaced
    § Automatic Hood Frame Fixings Replaced
    § Peeling Audi Badge Replaced
    § Windscreen Frame Faulty
    § Ignition Coil Replaced

My telephone number is included and your prompt response in this matter is appreciated.

Yours Sincerely"

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My goodness that is awful!

Any idea why so many problems on a brand new vehicle?

Have you angled for a replacement car?

Regards

Mike G....aka A6 Le Mans

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I too bought an a4 convert' , carpets wore through, interior door trim panel peeling/unusual wear, cd stereo would cut when it felt like it, poor economy, lethargic performance.Had a 97 Boxster before that was still like new, and a clio 172 now,same year 2003 car is like new ,people scoff at Renault and I have always worked either at VW Audi dealer, then Manager at GSF FOR 13.5 YEARS but never would Ihave thought that Iwould like the Renault better- no rattles, squeeks, it feels solid, goes like stink and is just a great allround car. Love it!

0 0 0