1. Heated Mirrors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a vw bora tdi, I dont have heated mirrors, is it possible to buy the whole frame/mirror unit and replace it if it has the heated mirror? for it to work? my manual book talks bout heated mirrors but there is no icon of heat where the electical mirror switch is.

0 0 0

2. Re: Heated Mirrors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

If your bora does have them they will come on at the same time as the heated screen.

Best way to find out, switch on the rear screen and leave for a couple of mins, then feel the glass on your mirrors to see if its warmed at all.

Sorry no info on retro fitting.

Nick

0 0 0

3. Re: Heated Mirrors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply, as standard my car does not have it but i havent checked if the fuse box has a space for this just incase of future upgrade, so my question is if it has a space for the fuse in the fuse box, is it a matter of such replacing my existing non heated mirror with a heated one say of ebay?

0 0 0

4. Re: Heated Mirrors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    PM me your reg or chassis number.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Heated Mirrors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Your car has the “6XD Exterior mirrors: electrically adjustable/heated” option. These are controlled by the Central Convenience System, the same part giving you problems with the remote control.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Heated Mirrors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The electrical exterior works for moving the mirror, but are you saying i have the heated mirrors already or i can add it?

0 0 0

7. Re: Heated Mirrors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Please don't get me wrong here, but is English your first language? Your car has heated mirrors already. The adjustment of the mirrors is a separate control circuit to the heating power which is from the Central Convenience System and commended by the heated rear window switch. You need to have the Central Convenience System fault code read. Does your mirror adjustment switch have a little heated window symbol and switch position between the left and right selection symbols?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Heated Mirrors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    English is my first language, My mirrors do not have the heated window symbol on the switch but i do have the left and right selection symbols.

0 0 0

9. Re: Heated Mirrors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    In that case the convenience unit is at fault or the heated mirror glasses have failed, both of which are common problems. If you prise out one of the mirror glasses (which may break it) you will see it has power connections to the reverse side. Use a multimeter to determine if the mirrors are getting power when the ignition is on and the heated rear screen switch is turned on.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Heated Mirrors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I assumed from the adjustable mirror switch that if the little heated window symbol was not there, then it didnt have heated mirrors.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast