1. Tiguan on order! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Well, in my dreams! Saw one a couple of weeks ago in a French VW dealer. Really fantastic, with a sunshine roof which extends quite a way back. Four wheel drive - just right for the snow slopes of Chelsea! ....and plenty of boot space. Wish I had bought one of these instead of my Golf Plus. They say it is all about timing!

0 0 0

2. Re: Tiguan on order! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They have just started advertising it on the TV over here, and it looks nice. I would have one over an X3. Think it makes the X3 look dated!

0 0 0

3. Re: Tiguan on order! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My father test-drove one yesterday (Currently a FreeLander driver) and honestly, he didnt like it. He says its nearly exactly the same as one Nissan are selling re-badged, and after pounding info from the salesman for half an hour, it turns out it is the same car.

0 0 0

4. Re: Tiguan on order! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This doesn't suprise me. Bit of the Galaxy / Sharan / Alambra (or what ever the Seat variant was called) MPV joint effort that went on several years back.

0 0 0

5. Re: Tiguan on order! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Driven a Tiguan from a mate that works at a VW Dealer and I can honestly say it drives very very well- it's quiet, goes well (2.0tdi 140) and really handles much like a car rather than a 4wd with hardly any body roll even when pushed hard. I've also driven freelanders and they just dont compare on quality of build or driving. The only thing I can fault with this car is dissapointing boot space- I think anyone that has ordered one will be very happy with it, VW have a winner in my opinion
    Last edited by batteredhubby; 23-02-2008 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Spelling!!

0 0 0

6. Re: Tiguan on order! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Agree with Batteredhubby. I test drove the same model and was only put off by the lack of boot space. The handbrake is much improved from the Passat that I currently drive, and the car was smooth and responsive. As I say, put off by the boot space, the smarm factor of the dealer who clearly only had a few of these he was able to sell, and hence was able to offer a completely laughable trade in on the Passat....

I'll leave it for a year, when there's plenty around at a discount, and the Ford focus variant is in direct competition with it.
    Cheers
    jb

0 0 0

7. Re: Tiguan on order! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What Nissan car are you comparing it to ?

0 0 0

8. Re: Tiguan on order! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBentley View Post
    My father test-drove one yesterday (Currently a FreeLander driver) and honestly, he didnt like it. He says its nearly exactly the same as one Nissan are selling re-badged, and after pounding info from the salesman for half an hour, it turns out it is the same car.
    That is total dog poo! Salesman is obviously an idiot! (I work at the Nissan factory)

0 0 0

9. Re: Tiguan on order! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have to say that having been driving a 140 Tdi for about a month now, I'm finding it a real pleasure and as near to a hot hatch for a 4x4 you can get me thinks, unless you have a bottomless wallet. I'm looking forward to trying the 170bhp soon though which appears to tick even more of the boxes.

I do agree that it has its faults though - boot space is the biggest (or smallest!) issue followed by the crap luggage compartment cover - just what can you do with it when you need to stand a couple of large suitcases in the boot!!!

Other niggles - I'm getting used to the first gear now, but given the torque I find I'm starting off in second gear more and more frequently, as in first gear you are having to change up far too soon. Fuel economy is okay, but nowhere near the quoted levels (as you would expect) and my right foot isn't that heavy.

Overall, I'm really impressed though and just hope that the Audi Q5 isn't that much different as I'm waiting for my 170bhp Tiguan to arrive at the end of September - I'll report back!

Before deciding on the Tiguan I explored the Freelander (not fuel efficient enough and I don't drive up many mountains), the Honda CRV (nice in many ways, but I didn't find it very comfortable and it was more of a girl's car in finish) and the Ford Kuga (hated it from first look and there's even less room in the boot than the Tiguan). The Q5 wasn't about then and I've not explored it to any great detail, but the write up in What Car appears positive.

Finally, since I've been driving my Tiguan, I've seen very few on the roads and you tend to look out for them once you've been driving one. To my mind this can only bode well for re-sale values. The motoring press appears to indicate a 56 - 60% return after 3 years which is phenomenal in any book.......

Welcome any views??????

Best

DH

0 0 0

10. Re: Tiguan on order! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I own a Tiguan 1.4 tsi petrol which ive had since May this year and im usually a Golf GTI driver but i fancied a change and all i can say is its fab. I have got 2 kids and i do find the one major downside is the lack of boot space. With having a double pushchair i find the lack of bootspace frustrating but it does offer alittle extra space when you have the back seats pushed forward slighty which is ok for me as i have little children in car seats but probably less convenient if having adults sat in the back.I also like that i dont have to bend down into the boot like i did my golf as the cars much higher.
    I have had one major fault with mine with a squeak on the accelarator which has now had a new 2 way pully fitted and a new water pump and a new supercharger clutch so hopefully this has sorted it.
    All in All its a Fab car, well worth the price tag and anyone who knows VW knows you get the great VW build quality and fantastic customer service. Well worth a look if your interested in buying one

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast