1. Door Handle conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Back doors passengers door handles are getting flushed and for my front doors I will have a lambo doors and in order to open easier just by pulling up I'm thinking of installing Audi A3 handles. Is there any DIY help available on this? or is it too hard to do it yourself? Most of the stuff on my car I done it myself by installing full body kit, neons, m3 mirrors, front and rear lights, etc. So I hope it's not going to be to hard to do a handle conversion.

0 0 0

2. Re: Door Handle conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Back doors passengers door handles are getting flushed and for my front doors I will have a lambo doors and in order to open easier just by pulling up I'm thinking of installing Audi A3 handles. Is there any DIY help available on this? or is it too hard to do it yourself? Most of the stuff on my car I done it myself by installing full body kit, neons, m3 mirrors, front and rear lights, etc. So I hope it's not going to be to hard to do a handle conversion.

right.... you wont like this one bit btw.

1st of all- dont flush your handles off, if the police pull you over they can tell you to get the handles back on,because if you ever have a crash and they need to get into the back door.. well they dont have a handle to open. happened to my mate.

2nd- lambo doors... as it says LAMBO DOORS ! not lambo doors for a golf. you will have mega problems afer a matter of time with these, 1 being the door will be out of alinement.

3rd- a was thinking of changing my handles aswell, i went to a spray painter/pannel beater to get a price for them (all 4 handles) came about about £600 inc being painted. you could try it but you need to think if you make a **** of it you need to fit someone that will fix it. i did say to the spray painter who priced mine a did say i was going to try it my self and he said if you make an **** of it good luck trying to find someone that will fix it,cause no want wants the hassle with that.

0 0 0

3. Re: Door Handle conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply.
    1.I know that I will have problems with police and they will ask you how you passed your MOT and all that stuff, just tell them that you done the handles a week ago. They will give you a warning and will let you go.
    2. I seen many golf with lambo door style and they haven't got any problems with it. They only thing they saying not to get universal kit, you have to get specific ones for your car, then they will fit perfectly.
    3. I wouldn't mind trying to put them on. The only thing I'm worrying is what part numbers should I get.

0 0 0

4. Re: Door Handle conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj_Ghost View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    1.I know that I will have problems with police and they will ask you how you passed your MOT and all that stuff, just tell them that you done the handles a week ago. They will give you a warning and will let you go.
    2. I seen many golf with lambo door style and they haven't got any problems with it. They only thing they saying not to get universal kit, you have to get specific ones for your car, then they will fit perfectly.
    3. I wouldn't mind trying to put them on. The only thing I'm worrying is what part numbers should I get.

fare do's least you done your research 1st mate,dont want you going out gettin it done and gettin told you need door handles lolol.

aaa maybe its the universal ones that **** up, never knew you could get ones for i.e a golf etc.

0 0 0

5. Re: Door Handle conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What about TVR cars? They havent got handles on their doors... what they got is buttons on a mirros which are working from the battery as well, how come they passing MOT and dont get pulled over for this.....

0 0 0

6. Re: Door Handle conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well think about it, they come that way standard, you would be modifing your car to have no handles, so the way the police see it is, well its not standard & you have modified it to have no handles & they can say your a risk because if you crash etc how do they get you out. but @ the same time you could say that same question about the tvr.

but thats the way a see it, your modifing it to have no handle so really its a pull.happened to ma mate he spend hrs & hrs doing his doors & lasted 2 weeks & got told to get them back on.

up to you if you wanna chance it but if you do, you will be talking a few £ anyway to get them back on & the doors resprayed

0 0 0

7. Re: Door Handle conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Even though if there is not going to be back seats? I'm planning of removing my back seats and installing speakers..........

0 0 0

8. Re: Door Handle conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry but having a 5 door & having no back seats is a bit daft,but each to there own. why are you removing you back seats to put sub(s)/amp(s) in ? see unless you were going to build a £20k + sound system then there is no need to even rip you back seats apart. am really into my audio & they guys doing my sounds have a 5 door vecy it has 17k of audio, back seats still in but the boot is full, so only down fall is theres no boot. i'm putting a custom install into my golf & the only down side about my install is i dont have a spare wheel but there where the tyre foam spray comes in.

like a say there is totally no point atall in ripping you back seats out more so if its 5 door, it just looks daft having a 5dr with useless amps & subs in the back seats where the boot can fit it all.

0 0 0

9. Re: Door Handle conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Trust me you need to have a spare wheel in your car. Once I took my spare wheel out as well for a weight reason, but then for some reason decided to put it back. Two weeks later after putting my spare wheel back into boot I was driving on M25 and suddenly my front left wheel just blowing up and I have a big hole in tyre and tyre foam spray cant help you there, so I jst changed my tyre and continue my journey, but had few problems taking my spare tyre out because of the subs, speakers and amps.....
    I will still have my back door handles shaved and if I get pulled over for this I will try to argue them about TVR cars and other bull$*&%.

0 0 0

10. Re: Door Handle conversion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i you could try & fight a case, but just be prepared tho if you spend the money on doin the handles getting flushed etc & the police do say you need the handles back on,they gave you 7 days to do so, but its up to you if you wanna take the chance.

ano idealy you should have a spare wheel in the car but it does not meet mot requirments, if a tyre blows then that why am goin to get aa breakdown cover,get picked up the car took home or to a garage get it fixed & on my way. ano its a chance i'm taking it happened to me b4

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast