Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello people

I have just bought my wife a w reg 2000 Beetle, it has a very noticeable clonk on the front end, sometimes it seems to be on the N/S and sometimes on the O/S and sometimes central, all seems secure bushes look ok no apparent leaks on the struts.
    Have any of you had anything similar??

0 0 0

2. Re: beetle suspension knock clonk 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIPPYB View Post
    Hello people

I have just bought my wife a w reg 2000 Beetle, it has a very noticeable clonk on the front end, sometimes it seems to be on the N/S and sometimes on the O/S and sometimes central, all seems secure bushes look ok no apparent leaks on the struts.
    Have any of you had anything similar??
    Track rod balljoints or suspension top mounts has been the devil when i've had these in the past
    You may think I'm being helpful yet sarcastic, this is only because I feel I need to help you to help yourself in the future

0 0 0

3. Re: beetle suspension knock clonk 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have eventually got around to changing the Front struts and top mounts and....................... its still the same, I was convinced the noise was from the top of the strut area but it would appear not. It also seems quieter after a few miles suggesting weak struts but alas not.
    Time to look deeper anyone had similar problems and could offer advice ? Cheers

0 0 0

4. Post Re: beetle suspension knock clonk 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The bearings in my CV axle went bad because there was a rip in the rubber boot one time. I heard the some serious noise while turning or backing up.

0 0 0

5. Re: beetle suspension knock clonk 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm assuming the beetle in question is a 2002 ish model, in which case i would have a bet on the front anti-roll bar D bushes, only when replacing the bushes you have to fit modified brackets also, as the old brackets bend in the middle, causing the bushes to wear quicker.

0 0 0

6. Re: beetle suspension knock clonk 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    ARB would be my bet, I did one today on an Octavia which is the same part.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0