Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jay View Post
    My 2001 Bora 130 PD has just passed 105K and marked the occasion by requiring a new clutch and flywheel - a mere £550 4 weeks before Xmas - AAAARRRGGGHHH!

Still, 105K on the original clutch is pretty good, but out of courtesy, it could just have waited until the new year.

Looks like gruel for the kids this year!
    100 k is verry low for a clutch ! I am 185 K on original clutch on my a4 quattro and the car gets a bit of stick ...almost every day ! If you are carefull and not holding the clutch pedal while stationary in trafic, without riding the clutch and easy starts, i will expect it to last easily over 200 k.

0 0 0

2. Re: Mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brybrybry View Post
    Here we have my old punto and my golf on the way back from picking up the golf, then the proof of my 44444 mileage (just popped over 47k) and then after a nice clean and polish a week or so ago
    she's a credit to you and you're lucky to have such a low mileage, excellent example. I used to have a Mk3 GTI in burgundy red (something Indian red I think they called it) and it was my pride and joy. It too had stonechips but I had a full respray done and she looked the mutt's nuts. I do miss the old girl (but then I miss all my previous Golfs......)

0 0 0

3. Re: Mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    100 k is verry low for a clutch ! I am 185 K on original clutch on my a4 quattro and the car gets a bit of stick ...almost every day ! If you are carefull and not holding the clutch pedal while stationary in trafic, without riding the clutch and easy starts, i will expect it to last easily over 200 k.
    I was told once that if you double-de-clutch that you can extend its life by 175,00 miles!!
    Current Car: Skoda Octavia vRS Hatch 2.0TDi 170 CR in Candy White
    Outgoing Car: 2007 56 Plate Audi A3 Sport Sportback 2.0TDi 170 PD in Black

0 0 0

4. Re: Mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mines got nearly 156,000 on it - 1994 MK3 Golf TD CL. It had 104,000 on it when I bought it in november 2005 (for a measly £650!!).
    '99 B5 Passat 1.8 T 20v Sport

0 0 0

5. Re: Mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by k9max View Post
    she's a credit to you and you're lucky to have such a low mileage, excellent example. I used to have a Mk3 GTI in burgundy red (something Indian red I think they called it) and it was my pride and joy. It too had stonechips but I had a full respray done and she looked the mutt's nuts. I do miss the old girl (but then I miss all my previous Golfs......)
    Cheers mate, I searched long and hard to find such a good example and it was definately worth the drive down to london from manchester to pick it up, shame i had to go down in my punto which was absolutely horrible on motorways. I would love to get it resprayed but i just cant afford it and the chips and scratches on a car of its age arent that bad, i definately saw worse when i was looking.

I try my best to look after her and keep everything origianl, everytime someone asks me what car i drive and i say Mk3 Golf GTI they think i will have stuck some huge alloys and body kit on but i prefer to keep it all original. The only thing i have changed is the ariel, which is now black instead of the original silver and thats only becuase i couldnt find a silver one and was sick and tired of listening to cd`s instead of good olf Xfm

Definately love it and hope she will keep going for many more mile, already looking forward to taking the 55555 picture

0 0 0

6. Talking Re: Mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just recently bought my VW GOLF Mk5 1.6 FSI 3dr 04 plates for £8,700 with only 13,500 miles!!!!! on the clock one previous lady owner.

0 0 0

7. Re: Mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    1995 N-reg VW Golf 2.0 GTI. 76,142 miles when I bought it 4 days ago. Done 182 miles with it myself since.

0 0 0

8. Re: Mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebyrahim View Post
    I just recently bought my VW GOLF Mk5 1.6 FSI 3dr 04 plates for £8,700 with only 13,500 miles!!!!! on the clock one previous lady owner.

That's an absolute bargain, looks a peach too. Where did you source this (If you don't mind me asking?)

0 0 0

9. Re: Mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow the Bora is still going strong *touch wood* and she's just about to tick over to 150k. 32500 miles since I posted this thread. Which equates to driving around the world 1.3 times, or 277 times around the M25, 8700 miles per year, etc...

0 0 0

10. Re: Mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Himself View Post
    Wow the Bora is still going strong *touch wood* and she's just about to tick over to 150k. 32500 miles since I posted this thread. Which equates to driving around the world 1.3 times, or 277 times around the M25, 8700 miles per year, etc...
    Just done an oil change on our 99 v5 Bora with 166k and I think its used about 0.25 of a litre in 1500miles probably not a lot more than when it was new.Still pulls well smooth and quiet as good as my old Accord which was only beaten by the rust when it got to 134k

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast