1. Injector removal - 2.5V6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, i've searched and searched...can anyone post a method on injector removal for the AYM engine (the 2.5V6 TDI)?
    It looks like the injector could possibly be unscrewed in situ with the flats that would allow a spanner to do this, but i'm afraid that this would unscrew the injector body allowing all the components to scatter out!
    I have a leaking injector, middle one on the off side bank which is slowly bleeding diesel out around between the injector and rocker cover seal.
    Audi were asking around £64 for a new rocker cover which is the only way to get the rocker cover seal, but i suspect the leak would likely be more deep seated so have the lower seals ready to replace.

Thanks in advance.
    0 0 0

2. Re: Injector removal - 2.5V6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Take rocker cover off(witchever side its on !), then remove the 2x10mm nuts holding the injector's clamp then with a spanner, twist the injector to break the seal, then pry off with a large screwdriver. I did it few times and i allways been carefull not to scour the camshaft lobes or head sides when prying the injector free. I would use a slide hammer in an ideal world. Make shure you have a new o-ring seal and copper seal for the injector, then torque to specified values, if you can get ahold off ! I would use common sense when tightening the nuts ! Refit in the order you removed the parts. Just realised what you said, the injector Wont unscrew if you turn the flat sides, you need to pull/slide it out to break the seal ! Hope this helps.
    0 0 0

3. Re: Injector removal - 2.5V6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Many thanks, absolute star for the quick response as i'll be doing this tomorrow! Cheers.
    0 0 0

4. Re: Injector removal - 2.5V6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thought i would reuse this post rather than start another.

Am i right in reading this that the only way to replace weeping injectors seals is to remove the all the injector pipes on that bank then remove the rocker cover, then remove the injector and replace seal?

As i only have one injector weeping, if they could be done in stitu that would be great.

cheers
    Nick
    0 0 0

5. Re: Injector removal - 2.5V6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What is it leaking, diesel or loosing compression and blowing in the head ? If they leak from the bleed/return lines, then you may need new leak off pipes and crush washers. If there is oil around the body/rubber seal then i would say there is a blocked breather wich overpressurise the engine thus blowing the oil past the rubber seals.
    0 0 0

6. Re: Injector removal - 2.5V6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its not the spill off pipes as i replaced all of them recently.
    the bottom of the injector is damp and is weeping down the block, i believe its disel and not oil as im not using any oil and my mpg is quite low at the moment.
    0 0 0

7. Re: Injector removal - 2.5V6 
    MikkiJayne Guest
    There are really only two places the injectors can leak fuel - either the union on the top, or the return lines.

If you are getting some weeping from the seal around the injector to the cam cover then that can only be engine oil, as the injector is all solid around there. Check the breather isn't blocked and then replace the cam cover.
    0 0 0

8. Re: Injector removal - 2.5V6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    which breather pipes am i looking at checking?

the weeping does appear to be the union between the injector and cam cover

is there a washer between the top of the injector that can be replaced to elimate that area
    0 0 0

9. Re: Injector removal - 2.5V6 
    MikkiJayne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nick-a6 View Post
    is there a washer between the top of the injector that can be replaced to elimate that area
    No - the seal is part of the cam cover. You have to replace the whole cover. Stupid design, but thats the only option.

The breather is at the back of the engine in the vee just behind the oil filter housing. Its pretty common for these to clog up apparently. I can't remember how much stuff is in the way, but its about £50 for a replacement insert for it.
    0 0 0

10. Re: Injector removal - 2.5V6 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    does sound a stupid design and i bet the cam cover isnt cheap either,

ah im guessing there is no way of just cleaning out the breather at the back of the engine
    0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast