1. 1.9 PD TDI Engine Differences 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Before the 2.0tdi came along I believe there are 4 different 1.9tdi engines 100bhp 115bhp 130bhp and 150bhp my question is what makes them different in power across the range is it purely ecu maps or is there alot more turbo size engine internals injector size ect??????

0 0 0

2. Re: 1.9 PD TDI Engine Differences 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also very interested to know the result of this.

Hopefully someone knowledgable in this area will be along soon

0 0 0

3. Re: 1.9 PD TDI Engine Differences 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick SR View Post
    Also very interested to know the result of this.

Hopefully someone knowledgable in this area will be along soon
    I thought the knowledgeable would have jumped on this thread lets try a few smilies to bump it up a bit

0 0 0

4. Re: 1.9 PD TDI Engine Differences 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is the difference between the 130 and 150 something to do with the size of the turbo being bigger on the 150 and a front mounted intercooler as opposed to a side mounted intercooler on the 130?
    I will stand corrected.

0 0 0

5. Re: 1.9 PD TDI Engine Differences 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmk5gttdi View Post
    Is the difference between the 130 and 150 something to do with the size of the turbo being bigger on the 150 and a front mounted intercooler as opposed to a side mounted intercooler on the 130?
    I will stand corrected.
    I think i remember reading somewhere about lag on a 150 so could be right im interested to know as im running about 140ish in my 115 since its remap so for example what would be the difference say between a 115 remaped to 130 or a stock 130 ect... if there were no mechanical/electrical differences could you not then reprogram an ecu(locks sensors ect) from a 115 into a 100(if ecu tells it to fuel boost measure timming ect as a 115 and if injectors, turbo,sensors are the same) for example ??????

0 0 0

6. Re: 1.9 PD TDI Engine Differences 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    130 has a slightly bigger turbo than the 115 same side mount IC, also 90% sure higher flowing injectors 150 same as 130 but again slightly bigger turbo but also front mount IC.

PS the 100 definately has less flowing injectors in than the 130 or 150 not 100% sure on the 115 though 115s turbo is a GT1749v same as a 110tdi 130s is a va bigger compressor and the 150 is a vb bigger compressor and inducer(exhaust) wheel, the bigger turbos can flow more air so fuelling can be increased giving less smoke and more power.

0 0 0

7. Re: 1.9 PD TDI Engine Differences 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevef. View Post
    130 has a slightly bigger turbo than the 115 same side mount IC, also 90% sure higher flowing injectors 150 same as 130 but again slightly bigger turbo but also front mount IC.

PS the 100 definately has less flowing injectors in than the 130 or 150 not 100% sure on the 115 though 115s turbo is a GT1749v same as a 110tdi 130s is a va bigger compressor and the 150 is a vb bigger compressor and inducer(exhaust) wheel, the bigger turbos can flow more air so fuelling can be increased giving less smoke and more power.
    So poss 100 and 115 same turbo different injectors and the 130 and 150 same injectors different turbos interesting so improvements for all would be front mount ic, injectors, and hybrid turbo and obviously remap!!!!!

0 0 0

8. Re: 1.9 PD TDI Engine Differences 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    A few things I know into the pot as well....

The 130 and 150 have....

1, stronger modified blocks
    2, different piston oil spray jets

The 130 has....

1, A larger inlet tract the the 115

The 150 has....

1, bigger turbo
    2, Front mount intercooler
    3, higher ratio on the injector rockers which is why it eats cams

The 115 has....

1, A lower compression ratio than all the others at 18.5:1, the others being 19:1 or 19.5:1....... Theoreticallly this would mean that the 115 is the most tunable in terms boost it could take.... but I'm no expert.

The 100......

No idea what makes that tick !

All of them though have different maps on the ecu's but all the engines are so so similar, the more powerful ones just have, when required, the ability to squirt a lot more fuel in and squish a lot more air down and in !

If you look in a technical manual all of the bore and stroke dims seem to be the same.

0 0 0

9. Re: 1.9 PD TDI Engine Differences 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    A few things I know into the pot as well....

The 130 and 150 have....

1, stronger modified blocks
    2, different piston oil spray jets

The 130 has....

1, A larger inlet tract the the 115

The 150 has....

1, bigger turbo
    2, Front mount intercooler
    3, higher ratio on the injector rockers which is why it eats cams

The 115 has....

1, A lower compression ratio than all the others at 18.5:1, the others being 19:1 or 19.5:1....... Theoreticallly this would mean that the 115 is the most tunable in terms boost it could take.... but I'm no expert.

The 100......

No idea what makes that tick !

All of them though have different maps on the ecu's but all the engines are so so similar, the more powerful ones just have, when required, the ability to squirt a lot more fuel in and squish a lot more air down and in !

If you look in a technical manual all of the bore and stroke dims seem to be the same.
    Thanks big col i have heard something about the 115s lower comprestion before. your right about them being so similar thats what got me thinking in the first place although did not think about oil jet differences, in terms of stronger blocks on the 130 and 150 i wonder how much as i know cars running over 200bhp on stock internals

0 0 0

10. Re: 1.9 PD TDI Engine Differences 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Here we go......

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast