Notices

User Tag List

Thread: S5 ECS Light & Lambda (02) sensors (MY 09/2017)

1. S5 ECS Light & Lambda (02) sensors (MY 09/2017) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've had this light come on and diagnosed via Carista as P0132 - 02 Sensor Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1. It also comes up with 18115 - O2 Sensor Circ.,Bank1-Sensor1: High Voltage which I assume means the same thing but within the basic OBD functionality.

As such I have procured two new sensors for Banks 1 & 2 as the car is at just over 95K miles so though it best te replace them both.

My queriy is - I believe the Sensors are located before the Catalytic converter. If so exactly where are they located within the engine bay. I can see what I think is one, just behind the aluminium cover that sits under the plastic engine cover approximately where the arrow is, but cannot see the other one. Is it likely to be under the aluminium cover?
    S5 engine bay.jpg

Any assistance or images most ghratefully appreciated as I think I am capable of changing them myself. I have recently changed the Oil Separator and PCV hose fitting as a result of other issues

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: S5 ECS Light & Lambda (02) sensors (MY 09/2017) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    Yes S1 is pre cat and bank 1 is the right, what is the VIN?

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: S5 ECS Light & Lambda (02) sensors (MY 09/2017) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Crasher, thanks for the prompt reply

The VIN is WAUZZZF51JA038723. Am I right in thinking the arrow indicates one of the sensors, but I cannot obviously see the other?
    Lambda Sensor.jpg
    Thanks again for your assistance

Cheers

0 0 0

4. Re: S5 ECS Light & Lambda (02) sensors (MY 09/2017) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    That looks like sensor 1, new part number 06M 906 265 and £277.07

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: S5 ECS Light & Lambda (02) sensors (MY 09/2017) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers

Any guidance on where the bank 2 sensor 1 is located as I'd like to replace them both at the same time given the miles I've done?

I've sourced Ridex Lambda Sensor part no 3922L0988 as an OEM replacement that matches that part number

Is the bank 1 sensor 1 location the one I arrowed on the image that is very easy to see?

Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: S5 ECS Light & Lambda (02) sensors (MY 09/2017) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    NO! Only use genuine or Bosch and the OE numbers 8W0 906 265 K (original) and 06M 906 265 (supersession) do not cross reference Ridex 3922L0988 using the trade system TecDoc, that number replaces OE numbers.

04E 906 262 CS
    05E 906 262 A
    06K 906 262 DB
    4N4 906 265 L
    8W0 906 265 AC
    8W0 906 265 M
    8W0 906 265 N

Ridex do state that 3922L0988 is for your car but they don't cross reference it. There is no decent aftermarket alternative, not even Bosch or NTK.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: S5 ECS Light & Lambda (02) sensors (MY 09/2017) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Crasher

I've spoken to a numbner of Audi dealers who are telling me there is no stock in the UK or indeed in Germany

ANy ideas how I can get around the issue.

When you say Bank 1 is on the right, I assume that means drivers side (off side). Also where is the Bank 2 sensor located?

Cheers

0 0 0

8. Re: S5 ECS Light & Lambda (02) sensors (MY 09/2017) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    The handing of cars parts is always observed as sitting in the car looking forwards. As it is a single turbo and cat (actually an odd design) it only has one pre and one post cat lambda sensors unlike most V engines which would have two. I have checked stock with my TPS and the Dorden VAG UK main parts warehouse has three 06M 906 265 in stock so someone is being incompetent.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: S5 ECS Light & Lambda (02) sensors (MY 09/2017) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Again, thank you for your guidance and insight. I have called my local TPA who depsite supplying me directly with an OIL Separator and PCV Hose recenlty now say they cannot supply direct to the public so I have to go through a local garage. They have confrimed there are three in stock as you say so yes I was misinformed by my local Audi main dealer althioiught that was last week!

Just got to find a friendly dealer who will allow me to buy as I am happy to fit myself. I may try and locate one through a breaker as I am planning to part ex it in three or four weeks for a newer one if I can find one I like the look of as I absolutely love it. Currently Navarra Blue so may go Daytona Grey or Red

Thanks again

0 0 0