Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all,
    Recently I had issues with EGR valve on my 2.0 TDI 110 HP Bluemotion 2014 Tiguan and after replacing new one everything seemed to be right but very soon I've noticed that DPF regeneration are now much more often than before. For example before replacing EGR regenerations were on 200-250 miles and now about 80-100 miles which is much more less. EGR shouldn't affect on the DPF regenerations but what ever is reason for often regenerations I decided to try to clean DPF with DPF cleaner spray. DPF cleaner is pretty much cheap and it's worth to try but I'm not sure should I reset/calibrate DPF after applying DPF cleaner spray. On several tutorials I've read that before applying cleaner engine should be cold below 70C and after applying spray engine should be running for about 15 minutes and after that service workshop regeneration from VCDS should be run. I wonder because there are two ways to run service regeneration - from "Adaptions" menu - service regeneration while driving and from "Basic settings" - service regeneration in place. Which one is more effective? Also after running service regeneration should I reset or calibrate DPF Soot level and if I should where is that feature in VCDS? I have just found in "basic settings" menu - feature called "Reseting of learned values of particular filter" and in "Adaptations" menu feature - "Particle filter initialization" which already has stored value 0Tkm. I couldn't find "Carbon Mass" feature which was available on older TDI engines. Is feature called "Reseting of learned values of particular filter" in Basic settings enough and right to reset DPF Soot Mass to 0 after cleaning DPF with DPF cleaner spray?

0 0 0

2. Re: DPF cleaner spray 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After couple days of researching definetely my Tiguan'S engine uses UDS protocol and in VCDS there are only those two features (I've already mentioned them) that relates to DPF: IDE00275 - Particle Filter Initialization in "Adaptation" section (current value 0Tkm) and IDE00467 - Reseting of learned values of particular filter in "Basic settings" section. My question is which one of those two should I run after applying DPF cleaner spray?

0 0 0

3. Re: DPF cleaner spray 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Hi please do NOT use "reset of learned values of particulate filter" unless you have a new DPF installed. If you do you are creating false soot and ash readings and it will never read correctly.

You should not need to use service regeneration while driving and/or while in place. Your car will regen itself when its happy to do so. If you get a DPF warning light then it may be helpful to use this function ( I prefer while driving as the air gets around the car rather than static with restricted airflow) but you have to then understand why the car is creating the fault in the first place as you dont want to have to keep doing this.

DPF Cleaner or spray in my opinion is a total waste of time and money. I wouldnt use it.

0 0 0