Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I have a 2019 Q8, 210kw, mild hybrid, which I bought at 73000km from dealer. I love the car, but I have a thing that annoys me a lot: a rattle sound when iddle.
    Having my mechanic check the provenience of this sound, we found that the belt tensioner assy(the one that comes on the generator/starter which looks like a crown with rollers on it) was trembling. We gentle pushed/sustained the roller by hand and the rattle stopped. I changed the roller assy immediately, along with the belt but the trembling ocured again. Lately I have changed also the main pulley(thinking that, excluding the roller assy, this-with it's rubber bushing-can create the issue). Nothing changed. Now I think that maybe the roller tensioner assy that I've changed the first time was defectuos as new(genuine). I am thinking to order another one.
    Have anyone noticed this(rattling) sound/trembling of tensioner?

Also, another quick question: can anyone attach a picture of the deep left part of the engine compartment(where the brake pump is)?

I suspect that the mechanics(after dismantled the front of the car to be able to replace the main pulley) forgot to put 3 screws back.
    Unfortunately in that location was spilled a lot of cooling fluid and then the dust from unpaved roads which I often use for my work, "covered" the area very well, so I can't tell if there were originally screws or not.
    A picture from you will enlight me.

Sorry for the long text and thank you for your time.

Bogdan

0 0 0

2. Re: Idle rattle sound 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1842 Post(s)
    What is the VIN?

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Idle rattle sound 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wauzzzf17kd029442

0 0 0

4. Re: Idle rattle sound 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1842 Post(s)
    There have been major issues with the front crank vibration damper which has been revised a number of times, part number 059 105 251 EC as has the belt tensioner to 057 903 133 AJ and idler pulley to 059 903 315 C

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Idle rattle sound 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you very much for your answer. Probably I have the old damper(the only thing that was not replaced by me). Anyway, I've checked now the pulley(the latest replacement) and it was not the new reference that you gave me...it was 059105251DG. I will try to find the damper and replace it, along with the belt tensioner(even if that was replaced 10.000km ago, with exactly no difference). The pulley-which I think has the least impact- I will replace after these 2.
    Thank you very much once more.

0 0 0