Notices
 
 

  

User Tag List

Thread: Upgrading mmi and lighting

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Upgrading mmi and lighting 
    #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi everyone, first time poster..
    I have a mid 2017 A6 190 Black Edition with the smaller 6.5 screen. I have recently obtained a full RS6 interior, I imagine the seats will swap over easily as the current seats have full electric movement. The problem I have is with the door cards. How do I get the ambient lights to work and on the rear doors the ambient lights and puddle lights as the original door cards did not have these fitted. The model number of the modules in the doors is 4G8 959 795 J. Do these need to be changed and/or the system programmed for the new lighting? The other issue I have is that I do not believe I have CarPlay in my vehicle but I havenít connected the specific Audi cable in the armrest (not there) so canít be sure. If not, and if I can source the MMI wider screen and DVD multimedia unit, could these be changed easily as my vehicle already has the Bose system? Might have bitten off a lot more than I can chew with this but really would like to get the lighting sorted if that is possible to do. Thanks.
     
    0 0 0
     

  2. Re: Upgrading mmi and lighting 
    #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackedition17 View Post
    Hi everyone, first time poster..
    I have a mid 2017 A6 190 Black Edition with the smaller 6.5 screen. I have recently obtained a full RS6 interior, I imagine the seats will swap over easily as the current seats have full electric movement. The problem I have is with the door cards. How do I get the ambient lights to work and on the rear doors the ambient lights and puddle lights as the original door cards did not have these fitted. The model number of the modules in the doors is 4G8 959 795 J. Do these need to be changed and/or the system programmed for the new lighting? The other issue I have is that I do not believe I have CarPlay in my vehicle but I havenít connected the specific Audi cable in the armrest (not there) so canít be sure. If not, and if I can source the MMI wider screen and DVD multimedia unit, could these be changed easily as my vehicle already has the Bose system? Might have bitten off a lot more than I can chew with this but really would like to get the lighting sorted if that is possible to do. Thanks.
    Smaller screen usually suggests non-tech pack which will mean you cannot update the software in the car and enable the Audi Smartphone interface. You might have to consider a third-party Carplay solution...there have been a few on here.
    If it does have the tech pack (usual way to tell is if there's the SIM slot in the between the SD card slots, and wifi/larger screen - plus the colour centre in the dash which can display the map view) then you can definintely get carplay enabled on the hardware in the car already.

    Cheers,
    Dan.
     
    0 0 0
     

  3. Re: Upgrading mmi and lighting 
    #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danclyon View Post
    Smaller screen usually suggests non-tech pack which will mean you cannot update the software in the car and enable the Audi Smartphone interface. You might have to consider a third-party Carplay solution...there have been a few on here.
    If it does have the tech pack (usual way to tell is if there's the SIM slot in the between the SD card slots, and wifi/larger screen - plus the colour centre in the dash which can display the map view) then you can definintely get carplay enabled on the hardware in the car already.

    Cheers,
    Dan.
    Many thanks Dan, yes I believe my car doesnít have the tech pack but trying to establish if I can change the door modules for the lighting and the screen and DVD head unit to fix the issue or would the wiring loom be different also.
     
    0 0 0
     

  4. Re: Upgrading mmi and lighting 
    #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I know of one person who did the upgrade to add the MMI 3G+ setup into a car without it. Its certainly possible, but it is something like £2000....and a LOT of faffing.

    D.
     
    0 0 0
     

  5. Re: Upgrading mmi and lighting 
    #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danclyon View Post
    I know of one person who did the upgrade to add the MMI 3G+ setup into a car without it. Its certainly possible, but it is something like £2000....and a LOT of faffing.

    D.
    In fact : https://www.kufatec.com/en/infotainm...a6-a7-4g-40044 - 2399 euro plus import duty. Ouch.
     
    0 0 0
     

Similar Threads

  1. ambient lighting vs lighting package
    By robbyg in forum Audi A6 - C7 Forum - 2011- 2018
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 15-09-2015, 04:47 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-09-2014, 12:39 AM
  3. Upgrading to A5
    By james_gray in forum Audi A5 - B8 Forum - 2007 - 2016
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-06-2013, 03:08 PM
  4. Question boot lighting, number plate lighting faults
    By Anchco in forum Audi A3 - 8P - 2004 - 2012
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 11:34 AM
  5. Question upgrading to D.I.S
    By audikid1987 in forum Audi A3 - 8P - 2004 - 2012
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


 



  


Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.


VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.


Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.


All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration


PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.


This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.



  



- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - Scania - MAN - Ducatti - VW Audi Forum -


- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -