Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Offset tolerance for the A6 Avant?

1. Offset tolerance for the A6 Avant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before but it's a last resort as I've trawled through a lot of links looking for an answer... I have took possession of a set of Q5 Segments, 8.5" x 20" ET33 (8R0601025AH). I currently have 8.5" x 19" ET48 on my 2010 Le Mans. I know about the wheel will sit 15mm out further inside and out but just curious to see if anybody has done this and if so, did you have any rub at all. I will be replacing the 45 series tyres with 30's to keep the calibration right etc. Eventually I will be wanting to install a set of Eibach Pro's with a 30mm drop or H&R's with a 40mm drop.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks.
    Regards... Graeme

2010 Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro Le Mans Avant (CDYA) Daytona Grey

0 0 0

2. Re: Offset tolerance for the A6 Avant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    My wheels are very close to yours. Mine are 9x20 et35 and they fit but touch on thy rears ever so slightly at the extremes of compression with 245 35 tyre. I think you may get away with it with 30 tyre. I insist on 35 tyres because over the years I have cracked 2 sets of 20 inch wheels with 255 30 tyres.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 2 0

3. Re: Offset tolerance for the A6 Avant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleung2 View Post
    My wheels are very close to yours. Mine are 9x20 et35 and they fit but touch on thy rears ever so slightly at the extremes of compression with 245 35 tyre. I think you may get away with it with 30 tyre. I insist on 35 tyres because over the years I have cracked 2 sets of 20 inch wheels with 255 30 tyres.

Thanks for the reply Aleung! I didn't want to go 35 incase of rubbing but would do as long as it doesn't as it will prolong the life of the wheel as you say. Out of curiosity, would you have any pics of your car looking down the side?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Regards... Graeme

0 0 0

4. Re: Offset tolerance for the A6 Avant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    These are the best I have so far. This is with a 245 35. The fronts can fit 255 35 no problem by the way.

0 2 0

5. Re: Offset tolerance for the A6 Avant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks for these Aleung, appreciate it! They look the part and sit really well, lovely looking wheel! They're not overly aggressive either. I'm hoping to drop mine 30mm eventually. I'm just unsure if the Eibach Pro 30mm drop stated for the Le Mans/S Line is 30mm off their current ride height or is this figure based on a standard model.
    Regards... Graeme

0 0 0

6. Re: Offset tolerance for the A6 Avant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    No problem and thanks very much. Think the wheels are just the right amount of bling and show but still classy.

I have attached a screen shot showing the difference between my setup and your proposed one. As you can see you wheels don't poke out as much as mine so I'd say they will definitely fit but with 8.5j rims I would probably go with 245 tyres instead of 255. Even with my 9j rims the 245 only has a slight stretch. I think with different manufacturers some might have quite a straight tyre wall.

Also a picture of my car from side on.

By the way, 30mm springs will be 30mm from SE so will only be minimal on S Line but in my opinion probably just right.

0 0 0

7. Re: Offset tolerance for the A6 Avant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Lovely looking big bus with the wheels and the fact it's a black edition too! Thanks for all the details, it really helps. The one thing I found strange is the original Le Mans/S Line came 30mm lower as standard but the facelift was only a 20mm drop. I had read that somewhere online. I don't want to go to the extreme of changing springs for the sake of 10mm. Here's a shot of mine, completely original at the moment. I'm the 3rd owner, the 1st had it for 9 years and has a full Audi history.

received_1834768613329515.jpg
    Regards... Graeme

0 0 0

8. Re: Offset tolerance for the A6 Avant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    No problem, make sure you report back when you've got your new wheels on. I love the Avant but wife preferred the saloon. We're the 2nd owner from 1 year old. Prior to that it was registered to Audi with their manager driving it. Feels like it needs updating now though especially the mmi so I'm looking into this replacement android screens. I'm not sure if Eibach will be worth the drop if about 10mm is not enough. Although if you're overhauling the suspension due to wear then those Eibachs make good sense to me.

0 0 0

9. Re: Offset tolerance for the A6 Avant? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Yes mate, will do. Thanks for all your help!
    Regards... Graeme

0 0 0